• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by morsetaper2

1. morsetaper2

Updating the 4.0L Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

Going to change spark plugs. I look in my factory manual, pull the easiest plug I can get to, to verify p/n to manual. Go on to order plugs. P/N's aren't jiving w/ OE factory installed plugs. Read over forum for past experience. Numerous hours later, still confused as to what spark plug...
  2. morsetaper2

Changing spark plugs on a 4.0 SOHC

Thanks, I appreciate your input. Just ordered the SP-412's.
  3. morsetaper2

I checked the EZ sparkplug to get to, on drivers side. It was a Motorcraft AGSF24N. Reading on the net, I might well find a diff p/n plug (same base # but with diff suffix ending) on pass side. Fordparts.com website says to use SP-412, which is nickel plug. Reading about waste spark... what...
  4. morsetaper2

On a 2011 SOHC 4.0... Are you removing just the rubber flap? Or the entire plastic inner fenderwell? Can't tell w/ the blurred photobucket pictures.
  5. morsetaper2

Anyone Purch a Factory Shop Manual Download on ebay? Good or Bad?

Looking for a shop manual for my 2011 Ranger. There are a few hard copies on ebay for $175-$200+ depending on seller and whether the wiring manual is included. And a few pdf downloads for cheap $$. I'd really rather have a hard bound manual in the garage, but until the cost gets to a point I...
  6. morsetaper2

OEM Ranger Nerf/Step Bars - How to Remove Front Bracket?

Have a 2011 Ranger XLT 4-door extended cab 2x4. I have removed the factory OEM Nerf / Step bars. I want to sell the bars. But need to remove the frt brkt bolt pair flange, to sell them as complete set. It seems to be some sort of plate w/ two threaded studs welded to it. Does it remove from...
  7. morsetaper2

$170 to Program a Key? Any Cheaper Options?

New (used) Ranger PU truck, I bought it used. I screwed up when making the deal, just assumed there were two keys. If I had realized that, a 2nd key included would have been part of the deal. Nope, just one. Went to local Ford dealer, they said about $170 to program the 2nd key since I only...
  8. morsetaper2

No Shop Manual-Want to Change Diff Lube on 2011 Ranger

Have changed out the diff fluid on a 1999 & a 2001 Rangers w/ 2x4 drive, non-posi rear. Have a newer 2011 now, has a posi rear (aka traction-Lock). Don't have a service manual. Any online links to a shop manual? Watching ebay for a reasonably priced 2011 shop manual. IIRC, when you change...
  9. morsetaper2

Changing A/T Filter on 2011 4.0: Anything Unusual?

All, Have had two prior Ranger 3.0's and changed the A/T filters numerous times. Recently purchased a 2011 4.0L and want to do an A/T filter change. At this time, I have no shop manual. But figure procedure is same as what I did on my '99 & '01 3.0L V6 A/T change procedures, right? Anything...
  10. morsetaper2

New 2011 4.0 Owner, Had Two 3.0's Prior

New guy here. Had a '99 3.0 XLT Sport 2x4 that I bought brand new. A non-driving fool who couldn't speak a lick of english T-boned me and totaled that truck, 4 mos after paying it off. Bought a used 2001 XLT 3.0 w/ 50K miles w/ the insurance payoff. Just recently gave that 2001 to my brother...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad