• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Monkeyboy

1. Monkeyboy

1991 Ford Ranger High Idle

Did the used throttle body come with a TP sensor?
  2. Monkeyboy

2011 SOHC Power Loss

Could be, I've spent 32yrs in dealerships and most pumps sound good, smooth snd quiet, some do sound loud and those I do not have much faith in. A good,factory pump can go for 20yrs or more, keep the filter clean and gas good. Ultimately the noise is a sigh of imbalance of some form within the...
  3. Monkeyboy

A very good way to test for leaks but you must be careful for sparks or real hot exh manifold igniting it is to take carb cleaner or brake cleaner in areosol cans and ,with the engine on and idling now at 1000rpm approx, aim short bursts of spray at critical areas like the vacuum system, egr...
  4. Monkeyboy

2011 SOHC Power Loss

Good image, can you access FRP or FP duty cycle? Fuel trims are crucial too as noted by acsnowrider. Do you have a BARO value too?
  5. Monkeyboy

2011 SOHC Power Loss

Once you plug the cats they are done, they don't work better cold then bad hot, they do not recover. Not a cat issue. Fuel pressure is where you should look 1st. Hard start intermittently escpecially after sitting longer is likely pressure leaking back intomtank past checkvalve, you need head...
  6. Monkeyboy

Hi, yup, the holes in the throttle butterfly are calibrated into the logic of the pcm. Unplug it, turn out the screw 1/4 turn and try it out. Should be close
  7. Monkeyboy

Hard to say, optional equipment probably. It has many circuits in it so if it were just left unplugged you'd have bigger problems or easy codes to follow, along with the female end to this plug somewhere below. Still have an delayed idle issue?
  8. Monkeyboy

Rocker ratio question.

Hello, new member here but going through all that with my 97 right now. Went to replace cracked heads on a 4.0l w/450,000kms. Did my homework and found Tom Morana Racing online, ordered two HD complete heads with new gaskets and bolts, all came real fast, well packed and good quality. Talking to...
  9. Monkeyboy

97 4.0l Pushrod length help

Its ok now, got it solved. Getting the new comp cam #410 and am having my rocker shaft pedestals milled down to compensate for the lower base circle on the new cam vrs the old cam and thus avoiding changing pusrod length. Am still getting new pushrods though along with lifters and rockers. New...
  10. Monkeyboy

Pulling 4.0 engine

Long extension from below. Like at the shop.
  11. Monkeyboy

Should be colse to 5V Wide open but that end of the sensor never wears out, its always the lower part of the potentiometer inside that wears out. Try and put the adj screw bact where it ws if you can remeber the turns taken in or out and then check the TP value, adjust the sensor to near 1V but...
  12. Monkeyboy

Check your TP voltage closed throttle for approx .95V key on. I have seen in the past incorect TP values causing just this. RonD has good advice to follow above for sure. I have been a ford tech for many yrs. I would chase the TP sensor if it were mine. Don't mess with throttle plate adj...
  13. Monkeyboy

97 4.0l Pushrod length help

Hello, new member, auto tech, I have my heads off of my 97 4.0 ranger, both cracked, putting on new HD heads from Tom Morana Racing, also installing a new comp cam #49-410-8, I understand my pushrods need to be longer but I am not proficient at searching threads and am not finding the info I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad