• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mkpecor

1. mkpecor

new rig, have some Q's

i just got a 96 ranger 4x4 with the 3.0 .i really dont know much about this motor like i do the 4.0 an 2.9. what do i need to look out for with this 3.o? and how bad is it to do a 4.o swap? or should i just find a truck with the 4.o in it. i just want some thin with more power, im buildin this...
  2. mkpecor

need help bad!!!

i have a 88 ranger with the 2.9. on my way home from work the truck just shut down. i pull over tryed to start it and i dont here the feul pump kick on, so i tow it to my house,i changed the feul relay. nothin, so i ran a jumper wire down to the high presure pump and put 12 v to it and it...
  3. mkpecor

need some input 96 ranger

im buying a 1996 ranger 4x4 super cab with the 4.0 in it. the truck is owened by a girl i know, she has put a new motor in it along with abunch of other parts so its like new,never on the trail just dailt driven. what are the falts in this year of rig? im putting a manual t-case in ,putting in...
  4. mkpecor

need some help?

i have an 88 2.9 ranger, and it runs like crap, it idles fine but when drivein it the truck starts to sputter then run fine then sputter, i have changed the fuel filter and got the injetors cleand,new plugs, cap/rotor plug wires. i can not find what it is, im about to part it out. if im drivein...
  5. mkpecor

need some more help

88 2.9 ranger, well i got the heads on and drove it home from the old mans shop, ran fine all the way home. the next morning it started bogging out at higher RPM's, i have new ,plugs, cap,roter and plug wires. i checked all vacum lines all the rubber lines are new as well. if the throutle...
  6. mkpecor

need help BAD!

i have a 88 ranger 2.9 v6. i just put on new heads due to the crack one had, who would guess. when i first started tearing it down i first started by unpluging some conectors to get some wirein out of the way, i started unpluging some stuff and remembered i didnt unhook the bat, so i did. well...
  7. mkpecor

dana 30?

if you listen to 4x4junkie like i did and others you will like the d35, i was goin to do a sas awhile back untill i talked around and now i like the way it runs on the trails. but if you do swap do a d44, sell the d30 and put it tords the d44. good luck with the swap.
  8. mkpecor

2.9 heads interchangable?

i have an 88 2.9 ranger. are the heads interchangable from left to right?
  9. mkpecor

have a Q on heads

i have an 88 2.9 ranger that has a cracked head on the pass side, went to the junk yard and same thing, the passenger side head was cracked, is this the side that cracks on these 2.9? i could rip in to 10-20 trucks befor i find one thats good. lol
  10. mkpecor

need help gauges spiking

i have a 88 ranger 2.9 motor, this morning i was at a stop light and i look down at my gauges and the gas and temp gauge are maxed out. they went all the way up at the same time stayed there for 2/3 seconds and then droped back down at the same pace. they went back to the right readings they...
  11. mkpecor

8.8 swap

when i got my 1992 8.8 the bearings were fine, this is what i did. cleaned the diff out and inspected gear, got crome cover since the stock one was composit, pinion seal was good, put new brakes on cleaned her up and painted.
  12. mkpecor

Dana 30 SAS

no the d28 is 23 spline the d35 is 27 spline. every thing on the d35 is bigger and stronger. at the top of this page click on the tech library you will find every thing you need to know on makein the d35 stronger.
  13. mkpecor

Dana 30 SAS

if your doin a SAS why not just put the d44 in, if your gunna do it, do the better set up. the d35 ttb is even stronger then the d30. if it was me i would do the d35ttb or the d44 . i just think the d30 is a wast of time. yor gunna spend alot of money makein it stronger then a d44.
  14. mkpecor

body lift help?

will a body lift for a 2002 ranger super cab work on a 88 super cab? i dont see why not. if you can help thanks.
  15. mkpecor

need help, trmed off 2'' on fenders

i just took 2'' off my front fenders, what do i do with the inner fender well plastic so you cant see it. any pics would be cool thanks. ps, i opened the whole fender well 2''.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad