• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mitch_c

1. Camshaft Position Synch Compatibility

I've got a 95 Ranger and want to replace it's 3.0 with a newer (99) 3.0. The cam sensor is a 3-pin and physically will fit the 99 engine's Camshaft Position Synchronizer (CPS), however, I see that the part numbers for a '95 and a '99 CPS are different. Will the '99 CPS work with the '95 Cam...
  2. 3.0L Wiring harness compatibility

I have a 3.0l and 5 speed from a Ranger that I want to install in another vehicle. I have a pre-PATS 95 ECU but no wiring for that era. The engine was out of a 99 Ranger PATS vehicle. Will any non ranger V6 engine and engine compartment wiring harnesses work with this 95 ECU (i.e. Taurus...
  3. 3.0L Vulcan Transplant - Computer Help Needed!

I was given a 3.0L V6 from a 99 Ranger. Included was the ECU, Engine wiring harness, and 5speed trans. (I have an under hood fuse box and wiring harness from a 98 Explorer.. Pinning appears to be close). Originally I was going to keep engine as a spare for my rebodied 2003 Ranger (has 1940 Ford...
  4. Camshaft Synchronizer 1999 vs 1997 versions

I have a 99 Ranger 3.0l engine and want to put in a 97, using a 97 Engine Computer. I was checking for differences and find that the Camshaft Synchronizer/Position sensor for these 2 years may be different. Can any one tell me what the differences are and whether the 99 unit will work...
  5. Can Taurus non-PATS ECM be used ?

:icon_confused:Has anyone used a non-PATS ECM (i.e. 97 Taurus) with a 98-99 Ranger 3.0? I have a spare motor and 5speed that I'd like to install in an old MGB roadster I have. I've got the engine and trans mounted in the car, and now need to figure out wiring... I've got the engine wiring...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad