• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Recent content by misterW

1. What could have gone wrong here? (switch engines, no compression)

by leave it under pressure do you mean by tightening down the rocker arm bolt and then leaving it? it should be under pressure then, right? thing is, they've been tightened down for a long time -- i don't have a ton of time to work on the truck and i first tightened them up at least a month or...
  2. What could have gone wrong here? (switch engines, no compression)

Mystery solved. Some of the lifter plungers do appear to be somewhat stuck (when tightening down the rocker arm bolt, I can see the valve being opened instead of the pushrod going down). But the reason that some of the cylinders aren't getting any compression is because I'm a dumbass and...
  3. What could have gone wrong here? (switch engines, no compression)

The new engine also sat for quite some time before being started up again. It ran in the early winter of 2019, then sat until yesterday. Could lifters be frozen from sitting or something like that?
  4. What could have gone wrong here? (switch engines, no compression)

Cylinder #1 had no compression when tested. Took the valve cover off and loosened up the rocker arm a bit so that the bolt wasn't bottomed out. When retested, the cylinder had compression. The pushrods for those valves measured 5.29 inches, which is what they should be for that year. It...
  5. What could have gone wrong here? (switch engines, no compression)

No, nothing w/ the timing chain. I thought I had the answer -- that I had accidentally put the pushrods back in from the old engine (which were longer) instead of the new one. But I just measured a couple of them from the engine I took out and they are in the engine they are supposed to be in...
  6. What could have gone wrong here? (switch engines, no compression)

I have a 1991 3.0, which was knocking. I took the engine from a 1999 3.0 w/ a bad frame but running engine and put it in the 1991. I put the distributor and upper and lower intake from the 1991 on the 1999 engine. To switch the lower intake I had to take out the pushrods and then tighten...
  7. Anyone know where these vacuum lines go? 1991 3.0

Thanks for taking time to answer, this was very helpful!
  8. Anyone know where these vacuum lines go? 1991 3.0

Take a look at the pic, these are the vaccum lines that come off the back of the intake manifold, right near the distributor. You can see there are 3 lines that don't have hoses. I swear I labeled these. But somehow over the course of a project taking much, much longer than it should...
  9. SOLD! Manual Steering Box w/Pitman Arm & Linkage

Is this still available?
  10. Use sealant for upper intake reinstall or just the gasket? also, torque specs?

Yeah, I put a little RTV to hold it down while I was putting it on. Thanks Ron.
  11. Use sealant for upper intake reinstall or just the gasket? also, torque specs?

For what it's worth, my manual DOES in fact have the specs for my particular year and they say 19ft-lbs, if anyone else is interested
  12. Use sealant for upper intake reinstall or just the gasket? also, torque specs?

Sorry about the double post. And, just found the torque specs so looks like I'm set. https://www.justanswer.com/ford/bsc4q-1998-ford-ranger-3-0-cylinder-head-torque-specs-intake.html
  13. Use sealant for upper intake reinstall or just the gasket? also, torque specs?

1991 3.0. For some reason my factory manual seems to omit any details about upper intake reinstall. Do I need any sealant in addition to the gasket or just the gasket by itself? And what are the torque specs for tightening down the upper intake?
  14. Use sealant for upper intake reinstall or just the gasket? plus torque

1991 3.0. For some reason my factory manual seems to omit any details about upper intake reinstall. Do I need any sealant in addition to the gasket or just the gasket by itself? And what are the torque specs for tightening down the upper intake?