• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mirage775

1. Mirage775

Mirage's '03 Edge 4x4 Build

I hate selling cars to people and I'm not planning on trading it with my Ford dealer on a new truck, just so they can give me $1000 and say that's a fair price. What I wanted to do to it, is probably going to cost a small fortune and I'm worried about being able to find certain parts to do...
  2. Mirage775

Nah, it's too small for my wife, my Pitbull and myself to go anywhere in. I've thought about a new crew cab Ranger, but the 4 cylinder turbo doesn't appeal to me, even though I've driven one and it had plenty of power. My truck isn't mint, the body has dings all over it. It's starting to get...
  3. Mirage775

It's been about a year and I still haven't done anything else to the Ranger, except drive it back and forth to work... I've thought about doing quite a lot to this truck, but honestly, to me, I believe I'm going to let it go once I buy a new F-150, 5.0, 2wd, regular cab, at the end of the year...
  4. Mirage775

Will a 5.0 mount to my stock '03 Rangers 4x4 manual trans?

Well, I dislike wiring, but I can do it and I do it the correct way, with soldier and shrink wrap, but what I don't understand is, if you take all the electronics out the donor vehicle and you put those same electronics into the new vehicle, why would you need to take it to the dealer to have...
  5. Mirage775

Hmmm, that's something I'll have to look into, cause that was one of the major turnoffs to doing this swap... I wanted to make my truck a 5.0 auto, awd Syclone killer, LOL! But when I saw that you had to do all that work, then take it to Ford to, (hopefully), see if they could reflash the ECU...
  6. Mirage775

From what I've read, you have to take the truck to the Ford dealership after the install to get the PATS and VSS fixed, so the thing will start up afterwards? Some dealers will do it no problem and others won't. I thought a cool little AWD 5.0 Ranger would be the ultimate Syclone/Typhoon killer :)
  7. Mirage775

Thanks, but it's my daily driver at the moment, so I couldn't do anything major at the moment. I hate wiring...., I might just continue my search of a nice 08+ Adrenalin V8 AWD then and just keep my Ranger, since there's really no point in getting rid of it. I know it's not the same, but...
  8. Mirage775

I was wondering if a 5.0 block will directly bolt up to my '03 Rangers 4x4 manual transmission? I've been shifting gears for years and would rather keep the 5 speed. I'd love to swap to a 5.0 and add an Explorer AWD t-case to make a cool little AWD V8 Ranger and lower it slightly? I know you...
  9. Mirage775

Will an Explorer 4.0 auto AWD T-case work with a Ranger 4.0 4WD manual trans?

Just like the title says? I'm trying to figure out if I can bolt in an AWD T-case from an '03 Explorer with a 4.0 and automatic trans into my '03 Ranger 4x4 with a manual trans? I'm thinking about converting to an AWD truck and lowering it about 2". Would like to drop a V8 into it and do...
  10. Mirage775

Yea, I was wondering if it would be better to do a Painless kit too. I've installed PW and PDL before, in a truck without one, so that wouldn't be a problem. Not worried about the stock gauges either. I thought it would look sweeter with some aftermarket ones. I'll look at that P/N, thanks!
  11. Mirage775

I've figured out how to get the front lower, but I don't care about it sitting on the ground. I'm old now, LOL! I had a '55 F100 I restored 20+ years ago and just miss the simplicity of the carb'd life. To my understanding, the ECU only controls engine sensors, correct? Wouldn't the PW, PDL...
  12. Mirage775

Thanks! The backyard Grabber Blue paint job has about meet it's life. It's starting to look bad, but I painted it almost 5 years ago. Also, I never said anything about getting rid of the Ranger, for a new Bronco...? I said it's not worth selling it to me. If we buy a new Bronco, that...
  13. Mirage775

Well, it's been a few months since I last posted, but I'm stuck between a decision for the future plans of the Ranger? I'm debating on either going with: All the lift stuff that I was planning on in my last post or.... Removing all the 4x4 bits, dropping it and building a 348 Stroker, with...
  14. Mirage775

Well, it's almost 2020 and nothing has been done to the Ranger, since I last posted in January... We decided to finish the majority of our house renovations/addons throughout the year. I thought about buying the lift for my truck, before I bought the $5000 supercharger for my car a couple of...
  15. Mirage775

Custom Tire Swing Out or Modify One for a Jeep?

I've been thinking about adding a Rear Tire Swing/Jerry Can holder to my truck. Since there aren't any bumpers like this, that are made for a Ranger anymore, I had originally thought about buying Affordable Offroad's 98-11 Rear Bumper and welding all the necessary bits on it to have the swing...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad