• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by miketwo0

1. 2.5L ('98-'01) Truck takes a while to start then dies

Okay I’ll do that and get back with you tomorrow. Thanks for the input!
  2. 2.5L ('98-'01) Truck takes a while to start then dies

I tried checking compression but engine cranks so slow that I feel like I’m not getting an accurate reading
  3. 2.5L ('98-'01) Truck takes a while to start then dies

So the internals could actually be fine? I figured internals were shot because when I try to start the truck, it stops cranking for a second then start back up. I have a video of it if I can figure out how to post it
  4. 2.5L ('98-'01) Truck takes a while to start then dies

Okay I’m going to try that. But can you explain what exactly you mean by a cylinder on compression stroke
  5. 2.5L ('98-'01) Truck takes a while to start then dies

I’ve pulled one and yea it’ll still slow crank. I’m starting to think it’s something internal cause i just tried to turn it by hand and it has a hard spot in rotation. Even with the starter off
  6. 2.5L ('98-'01) Truck takes a while to start then dies

I tried a new starter and new battery. Stills slow crank
  7. 2.5L ('98-'01) Truck takes a while to start then dies

I do have the egr system removed. The pipe was rusted in half and the few pipes I ordered was wrong so I at a dead stop with that. Would the 0102 code cause the truck to just crank and delay the start? It’ll crank and crank then eventually start. I been trying to check compression but the engine...
  8. 2.5L ('98-'01) Truck takes a while to start then dies

P1409 P0102 P1451 I’ve tried starting it with starting fluid and still takes a while so I figured it was fuel related.
  9. 2.5L ('98-'01) Truck takes a while to start then dies

I have a 99 b2500 2.5L Truck takes a while to start and while cranking, it cranks slow then it’ll fire and shut off when I get it very little gas. I’ve put new plugs, wires, new timing belt, all tick marks line up. I’m at lost with this thing

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad