• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mihulka3

1. 2.9 pinging after new rebuild

Do the 88 Rangers come with a knock sensor? It has a low oil sensor in the pan which we replaced. Going to recheck the timing and replace the fuel filter(s) tomorrow. I broke the Cardinal rule and left gas in the truck for the 1 1/2 years it sat. Did put stabilizer in it and not much gas was...
  2. 1988 Extended Cab Driveline Vibration

Is it just me or do others have vibration issues on extended cab Ranges? I've had the driveshaft worked three different times and pulled the transmission during engine swap to check it. I've checked the differential as well. I've come to the conclusion it's in the transmission. The unit shifts...
  3. 2.9 Very Intermittent Stumble

MY 1988 Ranger Extra Cab 2WD 2.9 Auto did something interesting coming home for from moms the other day. I had the cruise on and the truck felt like it hit a small speed bump for a split second. I turned off the cruise and kept driving and about 20 miles later it did it again. The truck 99.9%...
  4. 1991 Ranger Seats to 1988 Ranger Seats Direct Fit?

Can anyone tell me if a 91 split bench will drop into an 88 with no drilling? Thanks
  5. 1991 Ranger Extended seats bolt into 88 Ranger Extended?

Found a really nice 91 Ranger 60/40 at salvage yard in a truck I'm trying to get the rear bumper from. During my attempt to get the bumper I took a break and was looking around the truck for extra parts. My 88 Ranger seats are decent but the design sucks BIG TIME. Will 91 seats bolt in to my...
  6. 88 Ranger Extended 2WD with Bushwacker Fender Flares

How far up do the Bushwacker extend a fenders go? I have and 88 Ranger 2WD that I would love to put a set on to cover some rust above the wheel well. I don't want to go thru welding new metal in again or getting a whole bed. Also, do these look stupid on a 2WD? I have 205/70 R15 on 2000 Ford...
  7. Solid Bar Crossmembers

Do those solid bar crossmembers for sale on the net for 1983-97 Rangers fit unmodified 2WD extended cabs with automatics or are they for 4x4 manuals only etc, etc. WTF is the deal? A semi-detailed description is always nice to have when you go to get a part, especially knowing how many...
  8. 1988 Ranger Transmission Crossmember

:icon_confused:Need a crossmember for my 2wd 88 Ranger Extended Cab XLT auto. Anyone familiar with what will fit? Thanks.
  9. Need 88 Ranger 2.9 exhaust manifold bolt sizes

Need to hook my Y pipe to the exhaust manifolds. Can anyone tell me the size of the two bolts that hold the pipe to the exhaust manifold?
  10. Exhaust Manifold to "Y" pipe bolt style

What replacement bolts can I use to hook up my exhaust maifolds to the "Y" pipe? I was told everything from "spring bolts" to a plain "nut and bolt". The guy doing my engine said all that was on the manifold was a nut and bolt but several web sites don't jive with this? We put new head on the...
  11. Exhaust Maifold to Y pipe bolt style

What replacement bolts can I use to hook up my exhaust maifolds to the "Y" pipe? I was told everything from "spring bolts" to a plain "nut and bolt". The guy doing my engine said all that was on the manifold was a nut and bolt but several web sites don't jive with this? We put new head on the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad