• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by metalmacguyver

1. metalmacguyver

Crew cab build: 4x4 conversion and gear vendors install.

I know it has been a while since I have been on here much but life gets in the way of fun sometimes. I have been planning this build for about a year and a half since I got this truck. I have several guide lines for this project. I want to maintain or improve my ride quality. I want to use as...
  2. metalmacguyver

Front 60 out of a burned truck?

I am willing to bet that the whole thing is probably still good judging by how there is still rubber left on the front tires...... Why are there pics of a NP205 and what appears to be a ball joint D60? They arent from the same truck are they? (they shouldnt be unless the 205 was swapped in)
  3. metalmacguyver

Playing in the rocks and the woods in New Hampshire.

Went wheeling this weekend at a sick piece of private property. Started out with some trail maintenance. My buddy dragging in some logs to build an open top culvert. This thing was handy. A Mog with a bucket on it. That little project finished. We did some other stuff but enough of...
  4. metalmacguyver

Earth Day Clean Up - Taunton, MA Sat. April 24, 2010

The wheeling club that I am in is organizing a clean up for earth day. Anyone that wants to show up and meet me and alot of other cool people that want to make a difference in the environment and hopefully change some peoples views of "destructive offroaders" for the better. The South Shore...
  5. metalmacguyver

Very cool car hauler.

Start watching this video at the 4:15 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSgggmyxij4#watch-main-area My jaw hit the floor when i saw this.
  6. metalmacguyver

New ride

1994 F350 Crew cab dually 2wd 7.3PSD ZF5. Awesome condition. It was a southern truck so it has almost no rust. It was also used for a number of years to tow a boat trailer for a crew team so it didnt get used much in the winter. And something to add to it in not too long.
  7. metalmacguyver

Air conditioning compressor question

The AC removes moisture from the air so that the defroster can work more effectively.
  8. metalmacguyver

A nice saturday trip.

I have got more pics and videos coming too!
  9. metalmacguyver

Metalmac out having some fun

These power lines are legal to wheel on. I am in a club and our club is a member of an organization that has worked very hard to secure permission to use this and other properties for recreational purposes. Thanks for looking. This video is...
  10. metalmacguyver

60s-70s axels

In other words...... Close enough.
  11. metalmacguyver

Crappy weekend

Well, I had been looking forward to this trip to Maine for a while. We left at about 1030 Thursday night, got there by 4:00 in the morning, got up at about 9:00 and went out to play a bit. Stopped to take a look at some waterfalls. Then a small water crossing. And then after some more...
  12. metalmacguyver

screw removal on locking hub D44

If its a stripped out hex, I hammer a torx bit into it. Either it comes out or the bolt snaps. either way, the hub comes of.
  13. metalmacguyver

D60 Rear Swap, Driveshaft Length

They should be able to shorten it for you if you give them the flange to flange measurement and the shaft. You can measure the axle center line to flange distance on your D60 and compare it to the 7.5 or 8.8 that you had in there. That difference will be how much you need to have it shortened...
  14. metalmacguyver

D60's?

x2 The D50ttb to D60 swap is very easy and its quite possible that the owner of the truck doesnt realize its not the origional axle if it is indeed a D60.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad