• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by meatheaded nucklebuster

1. meatheaded nucklebuster

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Ha ha we were typing at the same time. That sounds like a good approach, one that I wouldnt think of due to lack of experience.
  2. meatheaded nucklebuster

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

I have been following your work for a long time on here and on your website before that. I love your work and how clean you keep your builds. I have to agree with you when you say simple and light is what works. Personally I would stay with the ranger because of the sweet setup you have so far...
  3. meatheaded nucklebuster

5.5 bronco graveyard spring question

I am using Jeffs bronco graveyard springs for my SAS and I am starting to play with hieght numbers. I will probly fab new top coil buckets. My question is this; what height are your JBG 5.5 EB coils (deaver 5.5 EB) at ride hieght with what motor. I have a 2.9 but I have a 5.0 to put in when I...
  4. meatheaded nucklebuster

Custom graphics

Hey guys I just thought I would this out and see what happens. My dad makes signs for a living and work is a little slow so I thought I would check interest on here. I am not trying to step on anyones toes or anything. That being said he can make any kind of custom vinyl graphic in pretty much...
  5. meatheaded nucklebuster

89 ranger build

Well I figured since I dont have money or parts today and I dont want to do school work I might as well make a build thread for my rig. Heres the current specs. Previous 2.9 5 spd 8" skyjacker kit with stock radius arms and stacked blocks.:sad: super bald 31s then almost bald 33s Soon Full...
  6. meatheaded nucklebuster

Heavy Replacement Shackle Hanger w/ lift

Started out my right front wheel bearing was going bad so I pulled the ranger into the garage to work on it after I finished moving into the house im renting at college. I was bored and waiting for a ride to get parts so I pulled the bed off and YIKES!!!! Apparently the last half of the summer...
  7. meatheaded nucklebuster

Dana 44 Axle Shafts

http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/images/Dana44axleshafts_Ford.gif http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/mrnimages/eb_axles.gif
  8. meatheaded nucklebuster

5.13s VS 5.14s

yep they do this so that when your in 4wd they front wheels will be pulling therefore you can still steer. wheas if your rear was pushing faster than your front is spinning you will have trouble steering.
  9. meatheaded nucklebuster

1989 My first rbv, time to mod

Well I bought this truck the other day and im having a few buddies drive it up to me this weekend. Its got an 8" lift I believe from skyjacker and worn out 31s right now. Eventually planning a 302 and sas dana 44 both of which are sitting in my dads shed. Heres how she looks now. I already...
  10. meatheaded nucklebuster

Finally got one

After wanting a ranger for several years and sitting on this site admiring all the nice rigs I finally got one. I have been on here a while but not too active. future plans are a 302 and sas dana44. here she is now
  11. meatheaded nucklebuster

roof rack

I know its not a rbv but hopefully i will be making a similar one soon for a 89 ex cab ranger. As soon as I got it done my tranny started slipping :sad: but it gives me an excuse to get a ranger :icon_cheers:.....not quite done, I was gonna add a floor to the back and another bar 4" above the...
  12. meatheaded nucklebuster

Axles for ranger(Debate)

yeah if you beat the piss out of it i would go bigger but i dunno if you wanna go rockwells unless your thinkin really big. They are not really streetable without 44+ inch tires. The sterling is an excellent choice and you can find em cheap. There are several versions. 10.5 inch ring and pinion...
  13. meatheaded nucklebuster

Axles for ranger(Debate)

dana 60 and 14 bolt is a awsome combo but not needed for 35s. Good luck getting a dana 60 from a 79 f-150 cause all the ones ive ever seen came with dana 44s. but if you can get it and the d44/d60 is a good combo. The f 250 dana 44 is a good axle (3" 1/2" wall tubes and dual piston front brakes)...
  14. meatheaded nucklebuster

Would like Alburn Locker ected input

Thanks man thats what i wanted to know
  15. meatheaded nucklebuster

Would like Alburn Locker ected input

Any opinions on the aubern ected vs the detroit e-locker. the difference is the e locker works as an open diff when not engaged wheras the ected is lim slip like said above. I was thinkin this might help tire life on the street (the open diff) but i dont have any experience running lockers. oh...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad