• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mdiiorio

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Truck sometimes doesn’t move well in traffic

Thanks! I think next brake job I will do everything, including hoses. It’s coming up…
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Truck sometimes doesn’t move well in traffic

I changed the front pads about a year ago. And when I did all that work on the rear drums I bled all 4 lines and changed the brake fluid. The front calipers certainly are old, and occasionally the truck will pull to one side when braking, so I could have a front caliper that is giving me trouble...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Truck sometimes doesn’t move well in traffic

Hello, I have a thing I have been noticing on my 95 4 cylinder 5 speed since I got it 4 years ago, it is difficult to describe, and is an intermittent thing, but I’ll do my best. Sometimes in traffic, and usually more on a hot day, it seems to not roll in neutral, and be more resistant to moving...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Cruise module location

Thank you all so much! I found a picture of the factory location and put the module there. It works great! But like another poster just said, it kicks off on hills sometimes if the engine struggles to maintain speed, but what can I expect out of the 2.3l, great engine but not much guts...
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Cruise module location

Hello, I have a 1995 Ford Ranger 2.3L and am working on a little project, I’m installing a rostra cruise control kit on it, the truck does not have cruise control. I’m looking for the best place to mount the servo/module and would like to put it as close to stock position as I can. Does anyone...
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Filthy under timing cover

Hello, I am in the middle of a timing belt job on my 1995 Ranger 2.3L and am wondering what might be the cause of this. The timing belt broke while driving after 40,000 miles (about 3 years) and at first a chalked it up to a cheap kit (it was a DNJ kit) but once I pulled the timing cover I...
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1995 Ford Ranger code P1443

Hello, I have a code P1443 “Evap Emission Ctrl System Ctrl Valve” on my 1995 Ford Ranger 2.3L 4 cylinder. A few years back I replaced the fuel filler neck and gas cap due to a leak, so it’s doubtful my problem is there. Usually this is the purge valve/solenoid and I replaced this part just as a...
  8. Truck creaking on back end

Hi, I have a 2004 FX4 and have noticed progressively worse creaking sound from the rear whenever I go over bumps, or take off fast from a stop. Also, when I do the bounce test on either side to check the shocks, the creak is the most pronounced on both sides. I already replaced the front shocks...
  9. Clutch pedal issue

Update: I bled the system and immediately saw that the master cylinder was leaking. I put it back in and the clutch pedal feels a little more firm but but still has the same amount of play beginning travel. It shifts a little better now too, but to get it back to normal I’m going to need a new...
  10. Clutch pedal issue

Thank you so much! I will look into the master and start there, as it is much easier to access than the slave.
  11. Clutch pedal issue

Hello, I have a 2004 Ford Ranger FX4 4.0L and think I might have a bad slave cylinder, but I just want some more info from someone who knows more than me. I’ve noticed that my clutch pedal feels very loose, and seems to only give resistance once it is already half way pressed down to the floor...
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) Power steering question

It was the return hose that goes back to the pump 😂😂
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) Power steering question

I am kind of a newbie with cars so be gentle…I have a 1995 4 cylinder ranger and I just did the power steering pump and high pressure hose. I just have a general question: on the side where the high pressure hose goes into the gearbox, there is another metal hose right next to it that looks...
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) Dash warning lights don’t work

Hello, So I just replaced the cluster in my 1995 Ford Ranger, the new cluster is a 1997. I noticed that when I put in the new cluster certain lights stopped lighting up. This would include the ebrake light, the abs light (that was on with the other cluster), the check engine light, and others...
  15. Intermittent A/C issue

Hello, I have a 1995 Ford Ranger 2.3L and it is having an intermittent issue, sometimes the A/C only works while the car is moving, and blows hot or significantly warmer air when it is idling. When it’s acting up (only while idling) I can hear the compressor switching on and off, about 2 seconds...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad