• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mc17eln

1. Going back in.... last time i hope..

@Shadowridr1 I was expecting you to recount the fuel contamination, but you didn't. I don't recall anything more damning and conclusive than that. Therefore, let me add: 8a. Re-test fuel quality as you did before. Be sure to let the output sit overnight to be conclusive; or 8b. If you can...
  2. Going back in.... last time i hope..

@Shadowridr1 Sorry to bring more bad news. You can get the relay labeled K45 (C1055) and fuse F1.17 (20A) from the 2.3L battery junction box (next to the driver side hood hinge), but there is no such relay and fuse spots in the 3.0L junction box. You will have to wire PCM pin 45, the fuse, the...
  3. Going back in.... last time i hope..

I finally fixed a bug in the Ford service manual software for wiring diagrams. @Shadowridr1 This is for the cooling fan, in case you don't have it. It's from the relay box, not directly from the PCM. I hope you grabbed that relay from the yard too.
  4. Going back in.... last time i hope..

@Shadowridr1 You confirmed that the Vulcan PCM has pin outs for e-fan?
  5. 3.0L Camshaft Position Sensor & Syncronizer

Insufficient explanation of finding the TDC is a problem with this thread. See multiple posts in another thread starting from #32: I forgot to mention TDC is all about cycler 1... and ends with post #39: No, ignore the hold down bolt... In short, you don't need special tool to align the...
  6. Going back in.... last time i hope..

I have the same thought when I first read the ohm values @Shadowridr1 Injectors just have a simple EM coil with the same length of copper wire for the same model. With the cold fuel constantly passing through the fuel rail, I don't believe the injectors are hot enough to melt wire insulation to...
  7. Going back in.... last time i hope..

@Shadowridr1 Have you considered renting this fuel pressure tester instead of buying? https://www.autozone.com/test-scan-and-specialty-tools/fuel-pressure-tester/p/innova-fuel-injection-pressure-tester/273356_0_0 or...
  8. Going back in.... last time i hope..

Yes I did. Thanks for asking @Orca . I notice my test report has no readings, just PASS or N/A. I asked the guy why he didn't use that probe at the tail pipe, he said, "I could". May be the rules have changed. Overall, my truck has no odd smell in the engine bay or the exhaust, no oil and...
  9. Going back in.... last time i hope..

@Shadowridr1 Okay, I ran FORScan and collected 3+ idle minutes of fuel trim and O2 voltage readings. Let me know. Full disclosure, I plan to do the post-rebuild smog check this afternoon ;)
  10. Going back in.... last time i hope..

The only way I can think of to help you is for you to tell me individual FORScan diagnostic items, so I can test and tell you my readings. Best candidates will be those stand-alone readings not effected by other components. Bad ones, such as if reading X < Y, there are 10 possibilities, won't...
  11. Going back in.... last time i hope..

Sorry to hear that. I am almost out of idea too, except test and try the original injectors. It's possible that those new injectors have much larger jet holes, making it too rich for the PCM to compensate. I am not even a novice user of FORScan.
  12. Going back in.... last time i hope..

No, ignore the hold down bolt. Align with the middle of the outside housing cut-out pointed by that red arrow in the above photo.
  13. Going back in.... last time i hope..

Correct. The timing tab/arrow is a part of the aluminum cast front cover to the right of the sensor. That means you are likely one tooth off. The PCM may be able to tolerate, but I am not sure. Again, ignore the numbers 0|||10|||20|||30|||... Find the 3 letter "TDC" and that should align with...
  14. Going back in.... last time i hope..

Found a clean photo of the synchronizer. The red arrow points to the outside housing opening, which can rotate to align. The green arrow points to the inside arm. Again, ignore where the outside housing ends up, as long as it's pointing at the firewall to make plugging in the sensor wire easy...
  15. Going back in.... last time i hope..

I forgot to mention TDC is all about cycler 1. The crankshaft and balancer rotates 2 full turns to complete a cylinder's 4-stroke combustion cycle, which mean the TDC mark on the balancer will align with the metal arrow next to the crank sensor twice - one time at the end of the fuel/air...