• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mazdab40004x4

1. Front seal and carbon buildup - opinions

I've finally torn down the top end of my 4.0 to correct a problem with coolant dripping slightly into the cylinders and leaking all over the front of the engine. Didn't realize how bad it was -- still ran ok, but I could tell I had a vac leak from somewhere and could smell some coolant burning...
  2. A4LD No shifting

I got it all apart and back together again today but unfortunately there was no change in symptoms. Still won't shift out of first unless I put it to 2 and then drops to first if I put it back in D. Inspected the new vacuum hose on the modulator and all was good there. Removed the heat shield...
  3. A4LD No shifting

Hoping you all can help me figure this out and sorry for the length. I've got a 94 B4000 with the A4LD trans and electronic shifting 4WD. Back about 6 weeks ago, the truck started to stall on me at random times while driving. In my attempt to resolve that issue, there were some other items I...
  4. Fuel system questions

I'm doing a bit of an overhaul on the fuel system in my 1994 B4000. I was smelling fuel a bit near the engine bay and noticed that rodents chewed through my carbon canister and several hoses leading to it.:annoyed: So I replaced all of that stuff up front. I also installed a new fuel pump...
  5. Rear shocks for B4000

Would there be any reason that a rear shock that works on the Ranger would NOT work on my B4000? I'm interested in the KYB MonoMax shocks for the rear. Model 565063 will fit a 4x4 Ranger from 1989-2011 but they don't cross list the B-series for some reason. I've run into that before where the...
  6. A4LD vacuum modulator replacement question

I'm finally getting around to replacing the vacuum modulator on my 1994 B4000. I've been seeing trans fluid in the vac lines for ages and it keeps making the lines soft and blowing them off at the intake. I took a quick look under the truck today and I can see the modulator, but I don't think...
  7. Time for new tires

I've got a 94 B4000 LE 4wd that came from the factory with 15 inch alloys and OEM tires at 265-75-15. I'm finding this to be a very odd size tire and there really aren't many if any options available anymore for on/off road use in this size. So i'm thinking about stepping up to a 16 inch wheel...
  8. console fabric

Ive got the oem 60-40 seats in my truck with the armrest console that flips up on a pivot. The lid latch has been broken since I bought the truck, but I finally found an intact replacement lid at a junkyard last weekend. Only problem is the fabric is nowhere close to my interior. So I've...
  9. Side mirrors

So I have a decision to make. My 94 B4000 is in need of a new side mirror. I have the fancy chrome power mirrors that only came on the 94 (& maybe 95) model year B4000 LE -- and I can't seem to find a OEM replacement. Been searching junk yards and eBay for a year. So I've decided to replace both...
  10. Opinions please...

I've had this 94 B4000 for about 2 years. I have no idea what its history is prior to that and I have no idea how many miles it really has because the OD hasn't worked since I bought it. I'm guessing in the 200K+ range. This is not my daily driver -- I bought it cheap as a project truck and...
  11. 94 Anti-theft?

When I pulled out the gauge cluster on my 94 B4000 today to put in some LED bulbs, I noticed a bulb I wasn't expecting -- an Anti-Theft bulb. I didn't realize this was an option in 94? I have power door locks, but no key fob (at least I don't have it -- it may have come with one originally)...
  12. Fixed leaking slider today

Thought I'd post this in case it helps anyone else out. Sorry for the length. I noticed what I thought was a small leak in the rear of my cab a few weeks ago. At first I thought it was the third brake light. This has happened to me before, and the headliner was wet in the same spot -- top...
  13. Speedometer cable behind cluster

OK, I'm at my wits end. I'm trying to remove the instrument cluster in my 94 Mazda and I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the speedo cable from the back. All the forum posts I've looked at and the Tech library say that the cable is supposed to have a white clip with a flat...
  14. No Start -- Fuel System Issue

Hi Folks -- I've got a 94 B4000 (4.0 OHV) that won't start. For a few weeks it was hard starting -- I'd turn it over and over with no luck, and then wait a minute or two and it would start. Now it won't start at all. I think it's either the fuel pump or the connection to the fuel pump. I...
  15. Advice for next steps -- 4.0 issue

I've got a 94 B4000 that seems to have a few issues and I'm looking for some input on the next steps to take. Symptoms: -idling poorly -seems to chug when cold and stumbles/misses when warm -struggles to get up hills, especially when cold, and revs drop significantly on incline -backfire from...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad