• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mattpresley

1. Replaced my Ranger. 2006 F150 Longbed

Hey guys, In late October I decided to upsize after finding an ideal truck for myself with 65,000 miles. Any of you who have followed me with the Ranger has seen how hard I worked the poor little guy. Here is my new truck. My 2006 F150 XLT Longbed 4x4. Mods so far: Moved my stereo over from...
  2. Need to find coils to level front.

I want to level my truck. I don't want to run spacers. Instead I'd rather just run coils since my OEM ones are probably about beat anyway after 196,000 miles. I have looked online and I went to 4 Wheel Parts today and they said they didn't have anything either. I am now getting discouraged...
  3. Ranger station saga?

I have been a member here for over 5 years but somehow missed this and am very curious about it now? http://ronamok.com/ebooks/the_ranger_station_fire_final.pdf
  4. Backward Fuel Gauge

Since the day I thought I bought this truck with a full tank of gas only to run out like 70 miles later, my fuel gauge has been fully operational but backward. When I fill up to a full tank the needle is on E and the gas light is on. it than works its way to F as I drive around. This is such an...
  5. Presley's 2007 Ranger

This is my newest truck and 4th RBV I have owned. I bought this truck 6 months ago because I was in need of a work truck. Well soon after my explorer died so decided I was going to make some improvements. Current upgrades are in my sig. Future plans include: Paint hood Black (Clear is ruined on...
  6. Hi

My Name is Matt and although I have been a TRS member for almost 5 years I havn't been an active poster for a little over a year now. I had a 1996 Exploder which needed a lot of work but was a great DD for 2 years. A little over 6 months ago I got a great deal on the 2007 Ranger I have now and...
  7. What steering wheels are interchangeable with 1996 Explorer

My leather wrap is totally shot. I have been searching online and haven't found an answer. What years and model wheels are interchangeable? I am tired of using a wheel cover but if I don't my hands will turn black. I am considering just cutting the leather off for now and using the plastic but...
  8. So need a new transmission :(

So I have been having some transmission issues with my exploder. Its a 1996 sport 4.0 2wd 4r55e with 142,000 miles. I went to two tranny shops(don't have a ton of trust in these kinds of shops lol) Both of them told me same thing, it's an internal sensor that needs replacing, Tranny has 72K on...
  9. p0500 Need help

Ok so my truck has been having some very erratic shifting in the transmission. I pulled the codes and got P0500. My speedometer never stopped working anyway. Naturally a replaced the VSS on the side of my transmission and this did nothing to resolve my issue. Not sure where to go from here. Kind...
  10. Got my work cut out

I'm gonna do thermostat tuesday probably. I was finally hired as a concrete laborer and should be starting full time work next week. I'm gonna be building a high rise hotel next to Legoland in Carlsbad :headbang:. So I can finally start saving for my transmission after my first check. As you can...
  11. Auto shifter don't leave park

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix this. If I start the truck or I am in Accessory mode I can't leave park. If I go one notch above off I can shift the truck into neutral and start than go to reverse or drive or whatever. If I go back into park(say to get out and check the mail or...
  12. 1996 explorer erratic temp gauge

I have a 1996 exploder automatic with the 4.0 motor. I do have a slow coolant leak(gotta top off every couple weeks). My issue though is my temp gauge. It bounces from cold to overheating and back. Especially with the heater on(kinda need it, just got a foot of snow where I'm staying). I'd stop...
  13. Mattpresley bought a new rbv

here it is. for $600 I bought this 1996 ford explorer sport 4.0. My biggest regret was buying that pos gmc canyon with a huge truck payment. I have the title in my name this time. This exploder is mine dammit:D . It does have some tranny problems and I'm saving to have it replaced. it runs now...
  14. Help me find a ranger

Hey guys my POS GMC got repo'd. I need to find a cheap ranger that runs good. I'm not picky I just want a ranger again. if anyone see's good deals in so cal can you please post here? thank you. Sorry for ever leaving the ranger community and buying a POS GMC i learned my lesson lol
  15. Need some parts

My 16 year old little brother just got a really descent 1999 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab 3.0 for 3 grand. The truck is black. There are a few parts I need to get ahold of to perfect this bad boy so this kid can enjoy a good ranger as a first truck like I did (Mine was a 99 too):headbang: 1. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad