• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Matt71

1. Truck is not starting.

It started and ran when I put starting fluid in. After it started, with help, it would continue to run on it's own just not very well. It wouldn't start without help. I replaced the TPS and it started and ran on it's own. I have been noticing a lack of power corresponding with hissing from...
  2. Truck is not starting.

Update I changed the TPS with a Ford brand and it started up. Still idles rough and I get a hissing sound from what I believe is the fuel pressure regulator. I put my OBD1 reader on and get a code 98. Crap.
  3. Truck is not starting.

Got a chance to work on it today. Sprayed starting fluid in and it started and ran. Throttle is not very responsive. I think I have a bad new TPS. When I unscrew the TPS and remove it while running, there is no change in throttle response. The check engine light is on as well.
  4. Truck is not starting.

It will turn over but not fire. It acts like it wants to but nothing. I checked the Schrader valve on the fuel rail and fuel came out. I pulled a plug, attached a wire and grounded it. Plug sparked when it was turned over.
  5. Truck is not starting.

I have a 1990 2wd Ranger with the 4.0. I replaced the fuel pump and the fuel filter recently and it ran fine. Suddenly it wont start. It has spark, fuel and the air filter is clean. When I put the OBD1 code reader on it, it won't read any codes. When I push the test button on the code...
  6. 1990 Ranger 2wd 4.0L A4LD vacuum module issue

Side question. There are 2 different vacuum modules for the A4LD, one with a stripe and one without. Which should I be looking for? I think I got the wrong one from Oreilleys. Thanks for your help!
  7. 1990 Ranger 2wd 4.0L A4LD vacuum module issue

From what I have learned, my A4LD did the same thing, there is a 3/4 shift solenoid on the side of the valve body that could have gone bad. You have to pull the valve body and the plate to get to it. I replaced the TCC solenoid, the front one, while I was in there. Good luck.
  8. 1990 Ranger 2wd 4.0L A4LD vacuum module issue

Ok, not sure what is going on. I replaced both solenoids, figured since I had it all apart. I can't get it to shift gears without doing it manually. It still won't go into 4th. I have tried adjusting the vacuum module, screwed it in and out and no luck. I am definitely not a transmission...
  9. Another Ranger, gotta love em

Thanks. They are off a 2006 Ranger 4x4 and I didn't have to use any spacers!
  10. Another Ranger, gotta love em

Here is a recent one with the 16" wheels I picked up for it.
  11. Another Ranger, gotta love em

So picked up a 1990 Ranger 2wd xcab for my son to drive, he's 17. Lucked into this one. It has a documented 109,xxx on it. It has the 4.0 and automatic. Got it cheap because it ran rough. Got it home and found a plug wire hanging down. New plugs and wires and it runs like a champ. He...
  12. 1990 Ranger 2wd 4.0L A4LD vacuum module issue

Thanks for the input. I believe the solenoid is under valve body, sooooo off comes the pan. Other than filter, anything else I should do while I'm in there?
  13. 1990 Ranger 2wd 4.0L A4LD vacuum module issue

Reaching out for help. My son's Ranger quit shifting past 3rd gear. After reading up on this site, you guys are awesome, I replaced the vacuum module. I made sure the pin was installed and removed the aluminum piston valve to make sure it moved freely. There was no fluid in the vacuum line...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad