Recent content by masanders

1. masanders

Opinions on bearing grease?

Thank you for all of the information! I think I’ll be going with one of the Lucas Oil greases. You guys are awesome!
  2. masanders

Nope. Not a race car, but it is precious to me. I’m asking because I don’t want to use the wrong thing and tear up my bearings on my non race car.
  3. masanders

Gotta change out my bearings soon and I wanted to get y’all’s opinions on wheel bearing grease. I have this black moly grease that says it’s made for bearings in mind. What grease do y’all use?
  4. masanders

Odd OBD2 readings with possibly false P0420...

I don’t remember the brand. I know they weren’t a major name brand though.
  5. masanders

Replaced the two downstream O2 sensors and cleared the memory which resulted in no change in the waveforms. These cats are only 3yo. The cats aren’t plugged, but I still don’t understand how they could have failed.
  6. masanders

I’m getting some odd readings on my OBD2 scanner that don’t make sense. I’m hoping someone can help me out. The readings I’m referencing come from my wife’s 2007 Escape with the 3.0L V6 engine. I’m getting a P0420 with no real symptoms of bad cats like rough driving/operation or loss of power...
  7. masanders

Please point me in the right direction

All O2 sensors are three years old. When we originally had to replace the two manifold cat combos, we had the O2 sensors replaced as well. I don’t know exact mileage on them, but they are easily under 25k.
  8. masanders

No sir. The Escape is a V6 with 2 manifold/cats going to a single out.
  9. masanders

Three years later I’ve got the same issue again. 2007 Ford Escape, 3.0 V6 P0420 We had the cats replaced in 2017 and now the code is back. This is a screenshot of the voltage: What am I missing here? Is there something else going on that’s fouling up the cats? Any help is appreciated!
  10. masanders

masanders’s 2000 Ranger Build

It would be roughly $300. Not worth it as a trade in. As far as being sentimental, I most definitely am.
  11. masanders

True. I think I’m just frustrated with the truck. I’ve got to replace (or have replaced) all of the clutch/flywheel components, as well as get it painted. Part of me just doesn’t want to deal with it.
  12. masanders

Ok...thinking about selling the Ranger and getting a Wrangler Unlimited. I really want to go off road without having to think about my truck getting stuck.
  13. masanders

Idle surge issues

Agreed. Blue Driver has served it's purpose so far, but it would be nice to have access to more data.
  14. masanders

Idle surge issues

Then why does it have voltage but no reading? Every O2 data stream I’ve seen has the downstream sensor readings, not just voltage. I’m just not sure what it means by n/a. It had plenty of time to heat up