• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Recent content by Maritime Drag Racing

1. Maritime Drag Racing

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Our 8.8 is out for a gear ratio change(4.30 to 4.88) and a disc brake conversion. Just one of many upgrades coming for the 2021 season.
  2. Maritime Drag Racing

Dropped I-beams

Looking for a set of used DJM or Belltech dropped I-beams for a 1st gen Ranger. With the Canadian $$ so low compared to the US dollar and the old age pension being my only source of income new ones are out of the question right now.
  3. Maritime Drag Racing

Started stripping "the tow truck turd 350" of all the parts that need to be transferred to the new short block. Old 9:1 block had 400,000kms, cast crank, rods, pistons and a ton of blow by. Replacement will be 100% fresh, have all forged internals and a compression ratio over 11:1.
  4. Maritime Drag Racing

Well, looks like we are NOT racing the Ranger this year. Block has a terminal water leak driver side caused by not getting all the water drained out last fall. Mixed feelings for sure but I would feel a whole lot worse if I had already gotten the transbrake installed and the gears changed and...
  5. Maritime Drag Racing

Already had the engine, convertor and transmission and I wanted a small truck to race but didn't like the Chevy S10s or any of the imports so I built an an F10....... Plus IMO the Ranger is built waaay tougher
  6. Maritime Drag Racing

Swapped my grille emblem for one that matches what's under the hood......
  7. Maritime Drag Racing

Racing this weekend so I dropped it back down on the garage floor again - transbrake never got installed, gear swap didn't happen and rear disc brake conversion still not done. Also got the car trailer cleared off and put the winch battery on trickle charge.
  8. Maritime Drag Racing

Oil and filter and spark plugs changed today. Still gotta check the valve lash before we go racing and that's only eight days away.
  9. Maritime Drag Racing

B-O-R-E-D

Found one with a little noise - Still bored though.......... <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. Maritime Drag Racing

B-O-R-E-D

It's now the end of July and I should have already been to three different tracks for five events, two points meets, five Gamblers races, two Test and Tunes and two outdoor car shows. Instead of that the truck is still on jackstands in the garage since the middle of last September and my wife is...
  11. Maritime Drag Racing

Took a major hit to the pocket today. Had to get a new MSD Starter Saver because my old one decided to die the first time we tried to fire it up after sitting all winter. Not cheap at over $200 CDN.... Also since we have a locked distributor and a crank trigger it won't even start without it.
  12. Maritime Drag Racing

Coincidences.......

My 87 longbox is a touch quicker by a couple of tenths. Both of us stepping up this year but mine is getting more radical changes.
  13. Maritime Drag Racing

Coincidences.......

What are the odds of two blue 350 Chevy powered Rangers with the exact same wheels being on the track at the same time? Also my name is Don, his name is Donnie, I'm from Homeville and he married a girl from Homeville. Cape Breton Dragway - Gerard Bryden photo.
  14. Maritime Drag Racing

Found a guy with a used pair of dropped Belltech I-beams for sale so now we have to figure out the best way to get them from Massachusetts to Nova Scotia. Canadian dollar is crap right now so there's no way I can afford a new set of DJM beams.