• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Maritime Drag Racing

1. Maritime Drag Racing

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Got a start on the fuel plumbing job on the Ranger. EVERYTHING between the new fuel cell and the carburetor is getting replaced with AN fittings and braided hose so it's like starting from scratch at the fuel cell. Made a new mounting bracket for the filter and moved the fuel pump bracket ahead...
  2. Maritime Drag Racing

What I did today to my Ranger today - We're in a new class this year(Super/Pro) so I had to make a new T-shirt design. Only a couple of tenths quicker than the minimum ET for the class so I should be leaving first most of the time which is what I prefer. Hence the "catch me if you can" line LOL...
  3. Maritime Drag Racing

COPIED FROM ANOTHER RACER Saw this on Facebook and thought it was cool enough to share for all of you non-racers out there. The calm before the storm.... Doing the burnout before my round, where I'll go against one other person, and it's either me or them, one of us will win and continue on...
  4. Maritime Drag Racing

Four hours+ to get the old shackles out but only 15 minutes to install the new 2" dropped versions that should give me that one degree of pinion angle we're looking for. Old shackles were seized solid top and bottom so I suspect that was not helping the suspension work properly. All that's left...
  5. Maritime Drag Racing

I'm going to have to reset the CalTracs anyway so we'll have to see what it does with the previous baseline setting. Thought I wrote it down somewhere(I think?)
  6. Maritime Drag Racing

One of the few minor changes we're making to the Ranger for the 2024 season. We needed a small drop(1½") in the rear and also a little tweak to the pinion angle. These new drop shackles will do both. Now we just have to get those !@#$%^& rear spring eye bushings out.
  7. Maritime Drag Racing

Our Ranger's roommate is back for the winter. I barely have enough room to walk around either of them but I can live with it. Most of what I'll be doing to the Ranger over the off season will be either underneath it or under the hood and once I get it on stands up off the trailer deck a couple...
  8. Maritime Drag Racing

Walked in the garage, looked at the truck, gathered up all the new fuel system parts and put them inside the cab so I would know where they are when I start working at it. Only have the fuel system, dropped rear shackles and header paint to do and I got all winter to do it. First thing on the...
  9. Maritime Drag Racing

Wheels come off and get stored in the barn well away from sunlight and anything electrical. Garage is not a good place for tires with all the welders and compressor and grinders, etc going almost every day.
  10. Maritime Drag Racing

Today was the first time I put trailer and all in the garage for the winter. During the driveline rebuild I found it way easier working underneath it while it was on the trailer than if it was on the garage floor. When you're my age(and size) getting up off the floor is a lot harder than getting...
  11. Maritime Drag Racing

JOB DONE!!! That's EVERYTHING between the crankshaft and the rearend pinion replaced except the Turbo 350's valve body and transbrake. Back down on the trailer deck for the first time in a couple months. Broke it on August 12 - had to wait for my new converter, had to wait for my transmission...
  12. Maritime Drag Racing

New 9" convertor made it here this AM. New flex plate bolts from Amazon supposed to be here tomorrow. Three whole weeks to get it together for our last event so no pressure...
  13. Maritime Drag Racing

What did YOU do today?

A little late with this post but the NHRA National Open at Cape Breton Dragway is where I was from Thursday to Sunday. My Ranger is still not back together so I spent the weekend as Crew Chief for my brother's Super/Gas Vega. BTW this track is 7-8 minutes from my house. Bonus bunch of pics from...
  14. Maritime Drag Racing

Here's proof that driveshaft loops do their job. This one got mangled bad but the cab floor is untouched and I still have both my legs.....
  15. Maritime Drag Racing

Anyone ever remove a transmission(by themselves) while the vehicle is still on the trailer? Lots of sharp edges to cut yourself on as a bonus LOL. Got it loaded on the truck along with one of my spare TH350s and we'll be heading to my friend Chris' transmssion shop with the lot so he can make...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad