Recent content by Maritime Drag Racing

1. Maritime Drag Racing

WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR RANGER TODAY?

Finished the season with a first round win in Pro over the quickest car in the class. Unfortunately those black skies opened up before round 2 and that was the end of the event and the season. Still got lots of stuff on both the "to do list" and the "wish list" for 2020 but we've got all winter...
  2. Maritime Drag Racing

Slapped my Ranger Station decals on the truck this AM and I swear they were responsible for our really good day at the track - finished 3rd in Pro with a string of decent RTs between .007 and .040 and the truck was deadly consistent.
  3. Maritime Drag Racing

Interesting Test & Tune session tonight - Bad fuse on electric water pump made the temp spike while coming back the return road so we fixed that then a bad connection on the fuel pump relay made it die in the burnout box so we pushed it back in the staging lanes and fixed that in a couple of...
  4. Maritime Drag Racing

Driver error ended our day in round one yesterday but we figured out a few more things we need to do yet. Most important is getting the pan evacuation system hooked up followed by the gear change from 4.30 to 4.88. On a positive note another blue 350 Chevrolet powered Ranger won our class - My...
  5. Maritime Drag Racing

Absolutely brutal heat and humidity at Cape Breton Dragway today but fingers crossed it will be a little cooler tomorrow. On a positive note we have awesome new back brakes so now we can get the launch RPM up where we want it.
  6. Maritime Drag Racing

New brake shoes and new drums on the Ranger today plus two 1967 Camaro reproduction mirrors so I can keep an eye on where the guy in the other lane is. None of this "Objects are closer than they appear" crap either........
  7. Maritime Drag Racing

Ordered two Ranger Station Anniversary decals for the back of the box sides today. Got a blank spot behind the rear wheel opening and the taillight where they will fit perfect.
  8. Maritime Drag Racing

Still in shock over our luck today. However we manged to get a 3rd in Pro with a truck that wouldn't fall out of a tree, surviving 3 double breakouts with reaction times that could be measured with an hourglass is beyond me.... But a win is a win - makes for a good points day and that check pays...
  9. Maritime Drag Racing

Finally broke down and got some vinyl class and car numbers to replace that messy old shoe polish we' had been using and now we're all loaded up, tied down and ready to go for this weekend's event starting with Friday night's Test and Tune. TEN MINUTES from my house to the track - SEVEN HOURS to...
  10. Maritime Drag Racing

picture of the day!!

Our crate showed up on the Maritime Drag Racers Message Board Monday night photo feature.
  11. Maritime Drag Racing

Leaf spring clamp trial?

Basically what happens is the whole truck rises straight up first before moving ahead on the launch. Front end has 90/10s and doesn't lift as quick as the rear separates. We just need to slow down the reaction on the rear which those new QA1 shocks should fix(if they ever get here)
  12. Maritime Drag Racing

Leaf spring clamp trial?

Just to be clear it is absolutely 100% a shock issue. We have a new set of fully adjustable QA1s on the way but they won't get here in time for the next points meet. This is just an experiment to see if we can stiffen it up a little more
  13. Maritime Drag Racing

Leaf spring clamp trial?

We've been getting too much chassis separation on launch so we're going to try this clamp on the front half of our "two leaf" spring packs. Two leafs only per side that is because we only kept the main leaf, tossed all the rest then made up a custom 2nd leaf a little thicker which we had to get...
  14. Maritime Drag Racing

Hello from Nova Scotia

Those headers were fabricated from bare flanges, a pile of new tubing and collectors from an old junk set of headers. Not really that difficult if you make your bends a few degrees at a time and just keep fitting them until they're right. Hardest part is getting a good sealing bead on the head...
  15. Maritime Drag Racing

Hello from Nova Scotia

It really was an economic decision to go with the SBC. That and already having a bunch of parts kicking around. I've got a 1967 390FE that I was going to put in it but it looked like a lot of work and then by the time I put a decent set of heads on it and a proper valvetrain I could have built...