• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by madtom421

1. madtom421

WTB 88' door sill plates

Looking for a used cheap set of sill plates to finish my interior. She's no show truck don't want to buy brand new if I don't have to. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  2. madtom421

Remove spray paint on interior panels

As the title states, a previous owner of my 88' tried making the red interior black. There's spray paint all over all the interior panels and dash, was wondering what the best way to remove this paint would be without damaging the original red color underneath. Mainly concerned about the metal...
  3. madtom421

Clutch suggestions

Think it's time for a new clutch, 1988 2.9 4wd. I believe I have fm146 transmission. Is like to replace the clutch and flywheel. Anyone have a suggestion or link to a good one. Are they transmission specific? Ebay sells a bunch of different ones and "stages" I just want one that can handle a...
  4. madtom421

Bad ecu?

1988, Been having some phantom electrical issues. Truck will run fine then randomly loose power and puff black smoke out the tail pipe, then run fine. Some times worse than others. No codes, pulled the ecu and took it apart and think I may have found my problem. There's also some corrosion...
  5. madtom421

Hello from CT

Hello names Tommy. Got my hands on a 1988 4wd 5spd 2.9 ranger back in February. Finally had time to start working on it and does it need some love and TLC. Who ever owned it before I bought it off my friend hacked up the wiring pretty good and it's been the electrical adventure to say the least...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad