• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by lowsinthe20s

1. 4.0 OHV Idle Issue

It was the cam synchro. Needed to be pulled out and timing adjusted.
  2. 4.0 OHV Idle Issue

Got it. Thank you for the explanation. Question on the cam synchro should my timing be a issue. When using a timing light should the TDC line be inline with the crank sensor or should it be on the 10 degree mark before TDC? Or should it be 10 degrees after TDC? Thanks
  3. 4.0 OHV Idle Issue

The RPM gauge in the truck. Yes the coil pack is wired right. now the cylinders are 4 5 6 on the driver side correct? or 6 5 4 Is my timing off? Do you know where the vacuum line on the throttle body goes?
  4. 4.0 OHV Idle Issue

No check engine lights. Engine is a 94 and so is the computer. I'm not sure on the history of the motor or some of the parts used in it. I did rebuild it but I reused some of the existing parts. I do know it has JBA headers, and is bored .30 over. Not sure if it has a different cam or not...
  5. 4.0 OHV Idle Issue

Just rebuilt a 4.0 for my B2. Just got the radiator hooked up and started to let it run for a bit. I have something weird going on with the idle. Starts up and revs to about 2500rpm then calms down to about 1300rpm, but if I hit the gas a little say up to 2000rpm it stays at 2000 and doesn't...
  6. 4.0 Radiator Question

Thank you for the info. I didn't realize that they didn't need to be plugged.
  7. 4.0 Radiator Question

I have a radiator from a 4.0 auto. I swapped the motor over to a B2 as well as change the trans to a manual. The auto radiator has two brass fittings for the trans cooler. I'm trying to find out what size these threads are and if it is possible to plug one and use the other for a temp sensor for...
  8. 4.0 B2 Swap Wiring Questions

Thank you!! That looks like great info there.
  9. 4.0 B2 Swap Wiring Questions

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.
  10. 4.0 B2 Swap Wiring Questions

Yes, I have seen them. I'm specifically look for the distribution box wiring. I haven't seen anything on here about that. I'm not understanding the alternator splice either.
  11. 4.0 B2 Swap Wiring Questions

Looking for some help and detailed info on the distribution box wiring. I was given some info to swap all the B2 stuff to the 4.0 distribution box. I'm using the B2 Power harness that plugs in the drivers side and the 4.0 ECM harness that goes through the passenger side firewall. B2 is an 89...
  12. B2 4.0 Swap

Thank you for your reply. I'll take a look at those pages. By dash do you mean the gauge cluster not the actual dash correct? My B2 is an 89 and looks almost exactly the same as the Explorer. I have already taken out all the wiring in the Explorer engine bay to swap over to the B2.
  13. B2 4.0 Swap

Does anyone know the answer to the above? Thank you!
  14. B2 4.0 Swap

Anyone know where I can find the shifter boot bezel like this one ?
  15. B2 4.0 Swap

Question on the wiring. I have taken everything out of the engine bay. Do I need any wiring passed the bulk head on the drivers side? I'm not using the Explorer Dash. I also read somewhere that the headlight wiring will not work for the B2. I'm not sure if that was for the pre 89 models or...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad