• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by low_five

1. low_five

confused on 4.0 auto to manual swap

I have done a 1988 2.9 auto to manual swap with success, so I am starting to research the same type swap for a 1991 with a 4.0. I am reading that the bolt patterns are the same between the 4.0 and the 2.9/2.8? is this correct? What year trucks can I pull from the wrecking yard to find a...
  2. low_five

how do you make an 88 ranger good in the sand

I have a pretty much stock 88 ranger, lifted a couple inches. I want to drive across beaches and through axle high sandy rivers to get driftwood to burn in my fireplace, but its loose coarse black sand. What would you do to make a reliable sand truck? bigger tires? lockers? I have no idea.
  3. low_five

clutch will not disengage

Ive bled the son of a bitch over and over and I have good pedal feel, but it will not disengage the clutch. is it possible the clutch has rusted to the flywheel after sitting for the winter? even with the clutch pushed in, it will start as if the clutch was all the way out and start in gear...
  4. low_five

troubleshooting no sparkle

k, so background is I had a blown engine auto trans 88, and a good engine good 5speed trans, broken framed 88. running fine, just frame was literally bent in half. so I obviously took the good running gear and put it in the good frame truck. its about ready to take for a spin, but I am...
  5. low_five

auto to manual wont turn over halpp!

I got everything in and I can manually turn the engine over at the starter relay, but not with the key. Ive searched around for the harness changes to do but havent really found what I needed. can someone please link me to what changes I need to make. I think the truck still thinks the auto...
  6. low_five

The gun thread...

Id have figured there would be more AK friendly folks here because the idea behind the gun is similar to rangers. tough, reliable, cheap, good looking, fairly accurate I love em.
  7. low_five

The gun thread...

why no AKs no collection is complete without a infidel rifle.
  8. low_five

funny conversation

Thought you all might get a kick out of this.
  9. low_five

The gun thread...

two of my baby daddies right here
  10. low_five

18 inch geniuses

ok keep in mind I live in Kodiak, AK and I cant just roll down to my local 18 inch tire dealer and test out a wide variety of 18 inch tires. Gotta get this shit right the first time. I found some 18s by the dumpster and I snagged them to see if they would fit on the ranger. holy shit they...
  11. low_five

gauge cluster lesson learned

and 88 ranger that came without the tach will not accept the gauge cluster from an 88 ranger with the tach. suck.
  12. low_five

1200 RPM idle

Three trucks, 2 are 88s that I own, one is a 91 that is a work truck. all three of them idle at 1200 rpm. tried three different ECTs. bought a new one. plugged it in and stuck it in a pan of boiling water. removed IAC and moves freely. placed 12volts across pins and it actuates the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad