• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by lost86broncoii

1. lost86broncoii

A4LD question, fluid level? Clogged?

Hey guys, I picked up an 89 Bronco II with a "bad" automatic in it. I was told it would need to be trailer cause once the transmission heated up it would lose 3 and reverse. When I test drove it, it did lose reverse for a minute. Had to sit and move the shifter around for a minute or two before...
  2. lost86broncoii

Any one is Seattle area have a garage to rent out for a month?

Looking to do an auto to manual swap soon and can't at my apartment, I would be willing to pay for garage or driveway usage for a month if any one has tons of spare room that they wouldn't mind an extra bronco ii taking up? Just wondering and thanks for read.
  3. lost86broncoii

Auto hub on manual hub hardware?

Hey guys I just picked up a 94 explorer that's missing one of the front manual hubs, the guy's been driving it like that for a couple months now with the bearings exposed... I hit up the junk yard and could only find an auto hub, my question is will the auto hub fit on it for now till i get the...
  4. lost86broncoii

FM 146 fill plug?

Hey guys I just picked up an 88 bronco ii on thursday, its got a bit of a problem with first gear grinding, was told linkage, still trying to find where to get that... But my question here is where is the fill plug on the FM 146, I think i've found it but it looks smaller than I thought it...
  5. lost86broncoii

86 BII to 92 explorer tranny swap?

Hey guys, I need to do something about my automatic in my 86 Bii, and I have a 92 explorer 5 speed with a rusted out sending unit/fuel lines sitting in my yard. My question is what do I need to do about the pedals, can I use the explorers pedal's without swapping the steering colum and dash? Or...
  6. lost86broncoii

Dizzy problems?

Well I checked my timing in my 86 bronco ii, its in the middle of the 12 and 22 mark with the spout connector pulled, so I figured it would be a great time to install the new accel TFI module I've had laying around for a few months now... took off the bolt and little bracket on the distributor...
  7. lost86broncoii

IAC valve + EEC relay ?

Hey guys, I just changed the IAC valve in my 86 ranger cause, the other day I unplugged it and there was no change in idle. I cleaned it out real good and still got no change, but when I put the new one on it, it ran better at first and when I pulled the pigtail it would idle down to around 650...
  8. lost86broncoii

86 ranger won't start, firing order?

Hey just changed the plugs and cap on my ranger 2.9 auto the other day drove it home and it would barely make it up to 30mph sounded like death, so i figured i messed up the firing order, went out yesterday got some nice accel wires to go with new plug, cap, rotor. started fresh on the wiring...
  9. lost86broncoii

Firing order or timing?

I think my firing order might be messed up or the distributor flipped on 180. How can I tell if its off, I don't have access to my bronco ii to compare the caps and see whats up, I checked in the tech library and set up my wires according to that, its turning over better but still not firing and...
  10. lost86broncoii

1986 ranger rusted out radius arm bracket?

Hey guys, just got an 86 extended cab 4x4 ranger for cheap but its passanger side radius arm bracket is almost rusted though.... I got a new one ordered from ebay, only 32 bucks can't complain there. My question is can i just unbolt the bracket from the frame and other side, it looks to be two...
  11. lost86broncoii

new 86 ranger, new problems. accel + oil light?

Hey guys, I picked up an 86 ranger last weekend for mygirlfriend, so I can get my 86 Bii back from her. She wanted a ranger, I just couldn't argue with that. Any way, we picked up an 86 extend cap, 4x4, auto(tm tc hubs door windows locks), and none of the automatic stuff still work except the...
  12. lost86broncoii

Cats on bronco ii?

Hey guys I am still having a little trouble with my 86 Bii running a little rough but mostly lacking power and sucking gas, been leaning towards the cats getting clogged up, the exhaust is starting to get smelly at high speeds? When driving short distances its not very noticeable but when I hit...
  13. lost86broncoii

TFI trouble

Hey had this posted in the bronco corral but no answers and its more a 2.9 question, so here it is,my 86 Bii has been running rough for a while now, stumbles every now and then but just last month she started stalling when coming to a stop, unless foot on gas or in neutral before i start...
  14. lost86broncoii

TFI troubles and woes.

My 86 Bii has been running rough for a while now, stumbles every now and then but just last month she started stalling when coming to a stop, unless foot on gas or in neutral before i start breaking. So I cheated and turned up my idle at the throttle body, its not stalling but still running...
  15. lost86broncoii

manual trans from 92 ex to 86 bii?

Ok so i got under my explorer and found more rust than i really wanna deal with, but it's a 5 speed and i've been dreaming about making my 86 bii a 5 speed for years. I don't have a garage to do it in though but i know the bronco ii inside and out, so my question is... Someone having done this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad