• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by loneranger009

1. what kind of power can i expect '94 4.0 v6

the motor in my truck is about to go so im just going to swap in a reman short block, im figuring while im at it im going to cam it port the cylender heads and upper and lower intake to match have the heads shaved about 30 thou swap in bigger injectors maf and cai and see about a custom tune for...
  2. 4.0 sohc want more pep

i have a 2002 ranger edge 4.0 sohc with a 5 spd and it just dosent seem to have the power it should i will be doing a full tune up plugs wires and k&n filter but im wondering about some other things i should look into like cold air intake and chip tuner. im not looking to go racing but the truck...
  3. new ideas

a friend of mine recently rolled and wrote off his 2003 ford ranger 2.3 swb 5spd. don't worry he's fine. we had the truck up on a lift and could find no damage to the frame which got us to thinking, my 1995 ranger swb 2.3 5spd has an immaculate body in a not so common colour with custom...
  4. is anyone using this camshaft

im looking at a performance cam for my 1995 ranger (oliver, top gear uk fans will get it) is anyone using this cam http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crn-199511 judging by where he needs power I think its my best bet
  5. looking for a trak lok rear end

ive decided to put a trac lok rear end in my ranger. i have three explorer carcases but the all have code 45 rear ends the rear end i am looking for is either d4 or d5. im going to have to start searching my local scrap yards other than reading door tags are there any indicators of a limited...
  6. quest for power. v8 swap

some of you may remember my thread about the badass 4.0, many of you suggested a v8 swap and thats what ive decided to do. the swap ive decided on is a 1997 explorer v8 but i have some concerns i would like my ranger to remain a 5spd rwd will i run into any computer issues with this i have...
  7. 4.0 ohv ultimate performance build lets go nuts

im building a new engine for my 1995 ranger its not gonna be my daily driver much longer so im gonna go nuts. the 4.0 ohv is at this moment a bare block in my garage. heres what i have planned so far tom morana 4.3 stroker kit, stage 3 heads, performance cam, sts twin turbo setup on at about...
  8. are the door panels the same

are the door panels the same in my 1995 explorer (bound for scrap) as in my 1995 ranger the explorer has a light blue interior (dash seats trim everything) i think would look good in my ranger
  9. air bagged ranger need advice

im turning my 1995 ranger into a little custom street truck. ive decided i want air suspension on all for corners or bagged and slammed as ive heard it called but i really know nothing about theese systems i have all the skills nessisary to install such a system but dont know which one would be...
  10. automatic transmision problems chrysler pt cruiser

the transmision in my brothers 2004 pt cruiser has started acting up. it will got in to gear but only when revved up to around 2500 rpms where it jumps forward i belive it is either the torque converter or transmission control moduel any. would be apriciated
  11. high mileage 2000 2.5 4cly 5spd should i buy it

i recently found on kijiji.ca a 2000 ford ranger reg cab short bed 5spd for $1500 (in my area that what you pay for a decent early 90's ranger) what worryies me is that the engine has 295000km or 183000mi and it appears to have been well maintained. i have looked and a long block 2.5 is around...
  12. can a 2.3 make vulcan power

my dad just bought a newer more robust ranger so his old 95 2.3 5spd is coming my way eventually i want to swap in a 3.0 possibly a duratech but for now what can i do to help the little 4 banger move the truck i.e intake exhaust ignition cam head work. a few things ive heard is a mustang to end...
  13. high rider bumper

does anyone know where i could find a bush bumper like the one on the gen 1 high rider for my 86 b2
  14. bronco 2 cherokee bumper swap

so far as i can tell (i havent managed to park beside one or measure one yet) but a 1st gen xj is the same width. i found a winch bumper for an xj from rough country ho hard would it be to make it fit my bronco
  15. wag offroad bumper

so im wondering could the bush bumper wag makes for the 98-00 ranger be made to fit my 93 so far as i can tell the bodywork is very similar and swapping to a bumper from a newer truck is no big issue or does someone make a bush bumper for a gen 3 ranger

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad