• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by LittleHorse

1. LittleHorse

A4LD pan 2WD vs 4WD

My '90 Bronco II 4WD has a pan with a damaged gasket surface. I have a pan from a 2WD - it's shallow without the clearance for the plastic filter extension. I also have a new filter from a 2WD without the plastic extension. Is there any harm that could come from isntalling the 2WD filter and...
  2. LittleHorse

diagnosing gear wear

Guys, Hoping someone whose got extensive transmission experience (AllanD!) can look at a gear and tell me what would cause this type of wear. It's a distributor/oil pump drive gear on a non-RBV. It's well covered in oil so I don't think it's lubrication. Could it be poor tooth profile...
  3. LittleHorse

what would you check next?

Here's the situation: '90 Bronco II, 2.9 manual trans Has been very low on power since I bought it a year ago. Can't make it up even slight-moderate hills without losing significant speed or downshifting to fourth. It also has to be cranked for about 3 full seconds before it starts, as long as...
  4. LittleHorse

wife wants a Jeep

her dad bought an 82 CJ-7 before she was born, and she's loved the thing her whole life. Now has decided it's time to get one. Not sure how I feel about this since I was raised to be vehemently anti-Chrysler but I have to admit I'd appreciate having a solid front axle and a (factory) removable...
  5. LittleHorse

AOD/AODE/4R70W experts

My 2.9 continues it's decline day by day so I'm getting itchy to tackle this 5.0 swap thing again. Vehicle is 90 Bronco II 4x4 My plan is to use a EEC IV 5.0 HO from a Mustang (don't have the patience to try an OBD II engine from the Explorer). Overdrive is a must, and I'd like to have an...
  6. LittleHorse

picking up a new toy tomorrow

I know there's a motorcycle thread floating around here somewhere but felt like posting a new thread. Got the sales contract paperwork done, driving down to Texas to pick this baby up tomorrow. 2008 H-D Sportster XL1200 Nightster (say that 5 times fast) in Olive denim (harleys word for...
  7. LittleHorse

auto transmissions, electrically controlled, engine computer

Hey guys... planning a EFI 5.0 swap into my BII, and trying to get my ducks in a row for what all parts I need, and I came across something I dont know the answer to. I'm not real familiar with auto transmissions, even less so those that are controlled electronically. I need to know, does the...
  8. LittleHorse

leaky steering wheel

yeah, sounds weird but I meant exactly what it says. From time to time, usually after sitting for a few days without being driven, I'll come out to my '90 Bronco II and find a drip or two of some unidentified thick black goop having come from between the stitching on the steering wheel rim. On...
  9. LittleHorse

My Bronco II plans

These are my plans... Engine Swap: 2" body lift EFI 5.0 HO engine w/AOD transmission 31"-32" tires Suspension Phase 1: either 2" leveling coil lift or 3-4" suspension lift (JD or SkyJacker?) Suspension Phase 2 (no longer a DD): 35" tires 6" suspension lift (converted from 4" with just coils)...
  10. LittleHorse

The gun thread...

Medlock Firearms in Collinsville. I didn't shoot the actual new guns on display, but they have several available to "rent" and they just happened to have most of the ones I was considering. The XD I actually shot were the full size models rather than the subcompact but it gave me a pretty good...
  11. LittleHorse

The gun thread...

i was in the same position...I basically went 9mm because the ammo was cheaper at the time. I don't have a .40 so I dont know if that's still the case, but 9mm has gotten harder to find since then. Seems like what used to be the most plentiful is now the most in demand. The 9mm also was a little...
  12. LittleHorse

The gun thread...

no rifles yet but here's the little buddy I rarely leave home without (not allowed at work) the 16 round mag doesn't go with me for carry but it's handy at the range.
  13. LittleHorse

what axle ratios you guys running?

I've been putting together a plan for an EFI 5.0 swap into my Bronco II and planning to use an AOD transmission. I'm not a hardcore offroader, just occasional recreational wheeling and it's mainly a daily driver, so I'm not putting 38s on it or anything, I'm thinking probably 31's or at most...
  14. LittleHorse

this years fall project

I'm saving up for a motorcycle and came across this thing that I felt would give me a good boost. Guy from work bought it maybe 6 months ago. Drove it around a little but started having transmission trouble - it would drive fine for a while and then start losing ATF out of the bellhousing...
  15. LittleHorse

body lift 2" vs 3"

for the purposes of a 5.0 swap, does it make any difference in tunnel clearance or anywhere else whether a 2" or 3" body lift is used? I'm planning on using a late version AOD or an AOD-E (with appropriate computer of course) with an AA adapter for my BW1350. I haven't started acquiring parts...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad