• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by lifted4.0

1. what transmissions bolt to 4.0 sohc

hey all, im wondering what transmissions bolt up to the SOHC 4.0 and how much do they usually go for used?
  2. swapping my 4.0 into a 4cyl? not sure which 4cyl...need a ton of opinions

soo i was thinking about swapping out my supercharged 2003 4.0 engine into a reg cab 2wd truck...probably a 4cyl because they are generally cheaper to buy..? soo really im wondering..what do i need here... im really trying to use the same tranny thats behind the motor right now...for a few...
  3. what to do with my 4 inch cowl hood? needs a lot of work

alright here it is its spray painted black with white racing strips right now just so the welds didnt rust. it is a metal hood, we cut it up peeled it forward and added the sides. what im looking to do, bondo? or something to make it look legit, there are a bunch of small dents (hood was...
  4. the beast

so im not sure if i have posted much in TRS but just giving you guys a update on the project. went to get the truck tuned a few days ago and made 281whp/314wtq, 12 degrees timing, (he said that was very conservative) making peak 14psi. 125degree air temps setup 03 4.0 sohc 5 speed bored .030...
  5. 3.0 heads vs 4.0 heads..difference?

heyy guys/gals soo i got a question....i built a supercharger mount for my 2003 ford ranger 4.0 SOHC, im wondering if the heads on that are the same as the v6 3.0 (newer years).....dont know what the engine is? OHV or SOHC? not sure. im also looking to build a manifold for a 94 ranger v6 3.0...
  6. new motor in, some sort of chirp going on

heyy guys/gals, soo i put my new built motor in...yadda yadda...with the m112 on it...and the spec stage 5 clutch (i needed the clutch, some said spec was legit..some said they would not goo with spec...at all...some said that they have had some small problems with spec...) soo that was mixed...
  7. injector size and brand for S/C'd nitrous ranger

hey guys, im wondering if these injectors are gonna pop right into the engine that im rebuilding in the basement, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&item=360086640222&viewitem= thanks
  8. strenghtening tranny? 03 ranger

hey, i bet this has already been talked about, but i could not find anything in the search. im wondering how to strenghten the stock tranny on a 2003 ford ranger 4.0 manual 4x4 after i put in a supercharger and such. dont know what tranny is in it right now, but im pretty sure its stock
  9. how to read/drive by a vacuum gauge

whats the trick to driving by a vacuum gauge, i hear that you wanna keep the vacuum as high as possible..but im wondering if having the vacuum at 20ish with rpms at 3k in 3rd gear CRUISING is bad?.....when your driving by a vacuum gauge, do the rpms matter? do you try to get into the highest...
  10. V6 4.0 SOHC bored to 4.6?? good idea?

hey guys, im looking to get more horsepower out of my truck, LIKE MORE PONIES!..umm and i was thinking about boring (spelling?) a 4.0L to be a 4.6 or even 5.0 i guess if i could go that big. the only reason i would do this instead of just put a V8 in there, is because this engine would EXACTLY...
  11. vacuum line location/ECU location, 2003 ford ranger

hey guys, i was just hooking up the boost gauge today, and couldnt find a vacuum line? we seemed to have found one that went to the break booster, but it seemed to still have vacuum when the car was off, and other than that, we could not locate any? any ideas?! and also, wondering where the ECU...
  12. turbo'ing a 4.0 SOHC

hey guys, whats the deal with doing this, any suggestions, anyone been doing it? possibly looking to turbo the 2003 ford ranger. i dont really want to crash my mpg section, but my friend tells me if im just driving normally, it wont crash the mpg at all...but if i start driving at heavy boost...
  13. taking out headers, 2nd bolt in, trouble

hey, so im trying to put in some JBA headers that i just bought for my 4.0 and the first thing that it said to do was take the bolts that connect the Y pipe to the stock manifolds off....soo we go under the car to the driver side manifold, and get 1 screw undone...but the second...we cant get...
  14. hedman headers? imput?

hey, so im looking to put a pair of headers on my 2003 ford ranger, and im wondering if anyone has worked with hedman headers before, they are like 325$ from napa around here, so im looking to snag a pair. also wondering about the EGR valve, truck is in vermont, and i think the EGR valve on the...
  15. header gas mileage?

for all of those out there that have put aftermarket headers on their ranger, preferably a 4.0..is there any noticable mileage gain? loss? i have a 2003 ranger 4.0, i havent looked for the EGR valve yet (if its there) but if someone knows of the top of their head if i need EGR and what side...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad