• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by LeIvoryCrow

1. 94 Ranger 2.3 Battery Drain

I'm not seeing anything in the "how to" section that would be able to help me right now. Is there any notable places where the harnesses rub through on this model truck?
  2. 94 Ranger 2.3 Battery Drain

After I disconnected the rear harness I still have the same issue, I'm curious as to what could be causing this issue without blowing the fuse?
  3. 94 Ranger 2.3 Battery Drain

Hey guys looks like I'll be needing your help again I have a 2 amp draw off of the fuse #10 circuit. While driving the drain bogs down the engine and will kill it if I turn on accessories. If I remove the fuse the truck runs perfectly. This circuit runs taillights, license plate lights and RABS...
  4. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

Any ideas for the battery drain?
  5. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

12.7 engine off 14.8 running
  6. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

Will do, little update when the truck is running and I pull the ground cable it runs fine with accessories running. (Fan, wipers, radio) as soon as I connect the ground cable the truck dies
  7. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

Sorry for the delay, I have been working out of town trying to pay for this truck haha. I replaced the alternator with a used unit and still the same situation arises. I have cleaned the grounds and all the fuse terminals look to be clean. I appreciate all your help, honestly I'm getting to the...
  8. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

I tested yesterday and those were the numbers I read. I used a spare battery known to be good, same issue.
  9. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

I found the issue, loose wire where they pass through the firewall. New issue, when driving the engine feels severely bogged down, no acceleration, heavy fuel consumption, and turning on the fan at idle kills the engine while driving causes a misfire.
  10. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

I replaced the ignition switch earlier in my troubleshooting. I grounded out the OBD port for the fuel pump with the key on I can hear it running continuously. It still has the same issue runs while cranking, dies as soon as I let off the key.
  11. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

I'm sorry but I am a little confused, You are saying the PCM is most likely Not the culprit? * The engine is not receiving fuel once the key is in the run position. *With the key on run I jumped the starter relay causing it to turn over without firing do to lack of fuel. Therefore, something...
  12. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

I know for a fact that I have it correct, I checked it over many times. I'm going to check a few junkyards tomorrow for an PCM. I'll update once I get it in, feel free to shoot any more ideas
  13. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

Also would it be possible to explain why it runs and revs while cranking but not in the run position?
  14. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

Its been a busy couple days but I'm back at it, with the key on run jumping the solenoid it will not fire, spray ether in the intake and it runs. Could it be possible for a wire to be loose or corroded causing this issue? Can I test the PCM? I want to make sure it is the issue before throwing...
  15. 94 Manual Ranger, Only Fires While Cranking

Bought a $500 94 2.3 manual Ranger now having some starting issues, hopefully you guys can help sort it out -Ran ok, had a miss when I bought it. -Adjusted timing now only runs while cranking - while cranking I can rev the engine and it runs fine, no misses - replaced, plugs, IAC, fuel pump...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad