• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by LandonRobinson

1. How to get 2.3 engine to warm up?!?

I have the 1996 2.3 5-speed manual 4x4 and yeah the heater was one of the first things I was concerned about (winters get down into the 20's (F) here) with the temp gauge bearing reading up into on what most cars would be considered the "Normal" zone, I have to get on a seriously long uphill...
  2. 1996 Ranger 2.3, 4x4, seat belt question...

1996 Ranger 2.3, 4x4, seat belt question... The female belt buckle for the driver's side on my truck is worn out and keeps releasing the male part unless I really slam it in really hard but after that it stays in, my truck has the factory bench seat and not bucket seats, I've been having a hard...
  3. 1996, 4x4, 2.3, 5-speed, how to check clutch?

Mainly I'm just curious as to how much clutch material is left on the fins as I'd rather deal with replacing it during the summer when the weather is nice.
  4. 1996, 4x4, 2.3, 5-speed, how to check clutch?

I've had this truck for nearly a year now, I'm not having any problems with the clutch but I was just wondering if there was any way to check the condition of the clutch without removing the transmission?
  5. 1996; 2.3; 4x4; leaking differential...

About five days ago I noticed that I was starting to leave little oil puddles everywhere I was going, today I crawled under there and looked and sure enough drive shaft seal for the front differential is clearly leaking all over the place. From the looks of it I just need to unbolt the drive...
  6. 96; 2.3; XL; 4x4 - Odometer quits...

96; 2.3; XL; 4x4 - Odometer quits... I posted about this before several months ago but for whatever reason I can't find the posting now, but anyway... On short trips around town and on my 25 mile commute to work my odometer works fine, the trip odometer spins around, the main odometer spins...
  7. 1996; 2.3; 4x4; XL; Removing the bed...

1996; 2.3; 4x4; XL; Removing the bed... Hi again, This truck just seems to want to nickle and dime me to death but oh well... Long story short my fuel delivery tube is leaking gas whenever I go to the gas station, otherwise the fuel system doesn't leak anywhere else so I'm not in a big hurry...
  8. 1996; 2.3; 4x4; XL; fog lights and power steering...

Hi again... I was planning on leaving town this weekend and now I may not, anyway... 1a. The fog lights are not coming on, the last time I used them (actually in some really bad fog about a week ago) they worked fine and were switched on and off several times as the fog came and went, but this...
  9. 96 Ranger 2.3 several questions...

Hi, I realize that some of these probably belong in other forums but I'm not actually trying to fix anything right now, just trying to figure out what is normal or not? I bought this truck back in June, here goes... 1. When I turn the steering wheel the power steering pump sounds like an old...
  10. 96 Ranger 2.3 - Odometer quit...

96 Ranger 2.3 - Odometer quit... I went on a 300 mile round trip yesterday, I filled up the gas tank reset the trip odometer and hit the road, at some point I noticed that the trip odometer was on 63.8 miles and then an hour later looked down again and it was still on 63.8 miles and after...
  11. 96 Ranger 2.3 locking hub question...

96 Ranger XL 2.3; manual transmission; 108" wheel base. I just bought this truck back in June and this is my first time owning a 4x4 vehicle, so I'm not exactly sure what to expect... Today I was taking off the wheels to see how the brake pads were doing and as soon as I pulled the wheel off I...
  12. 1996 Ranger 2.3 4x4 - Looking for drink holder...

Hi, I have the 1996 Ranger 2.3 4x4... Due to the transfer case shifter and the stick shift shifter there is no place on the floor to put a drink holder, I don't want one up on the bench seat because it will be in the way if someone wants to sit there. Someone told me about a floor mounted...
  13. 96 Ranger 2.3 - Engine running cold.

96 Ranger 2.3... I just bought this truck a few weeks ago and one of the first things that I noticed was that the temp gauge was never making it into the middle of the normal zone, it climbs up out of being cold into the normal zone and then just sits right above the bottom mark, after maybe a...
  14. 96 Ranger 2.3 - ignition switch problems...

I just bought a used 96 Ranger 2.3 4x4 about a week ago and the first problem that I had with it is that the ignition switch cylinder is so wore out that you can start the truck without the key. I bought a fairly expensive one at NAPA Auto Parts and right out the box it works fine, everything...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad