• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Lagon78

1. Loud grinding noise upon attempted startup.

97 ranger 4.0L v6... On occasion, it has difficulty starting. When this is the case, I hear a loud grinding noise. Today it wouldn't start at all though (thank god a friend has a spare car I could drive today). Based on my research, it's likely bad teeth on the flywheel... And it's just when the...
  2. AC problem

So I'm trying to fix the AC so I can sell my 97 ranger and purchase a newer, 2003 ranger from a nearby neighbor. He said he would hold his ranger for a week. Down to business then. The car blows hot air all the time, regardless of the temperature setting. I'm aware that either the blend door...
  3. What's this?

97 ranger XLT. Wouldn't syart today, opened hood, noticed cover wasn't bolted down, cover was damaged, took cove off, truck started. So, what is http://imgur.com/BgJhEVk What is it and do I need to get a new cover soon as possible, to avoid damage to a vital component?
  4. AC not working, stuck on heat?

So I'm trying to fix the AC so I can sell my 97 ranger and purchase a newer, 2003 ranger from a nearby neighbor. He said he would hold his ranger for a week. Down to business then. The car blows hot air all the time, regardless of the temperature setting. I'm aware that either the blend door...
  5. Vacuum line severed?

Yesterday I noticed that my vacuum line was snapped, part of it (about 3") was completely off... Would this be causing my truck to run loud? Also, where would I be able to buy some? It couldn't be more than a 1/8" diameter and is probably abit smaller. I've looked everywhere and nowhere has it.