• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Kurt.king870s

1. 92 5.0 exp swap gauges

I've been planning on swapping an explorer 5.0 into my 92 ranger sometime, but haven't found a clear answer concerning gauges. Can the 92 gauges be spliced into the exp. harness? I don't want to clutter my dash with gauges, so I'd really like to wire the originals to work. I also don't like...
  2. Bronco 2 D30 SAS coil spring options?

I'd go for jeep lift coils that will be a direct fit to the axle. I did a d30 swap on my 92 ranger and used the 4 inch lift coils I had from the ttb, but it rides a little rough now (I think it's because of the geometry). I heard that jeep coils have a softer ride and more flex. I made 4 link...
  3. Dana 30 Recommendations

Yeah, if you look for a while, there are some with 3.73s or 4.10s......but at least in my area I only fouND one with 3.73s I think I found 2 with 3.55s and at least a dozen with 3.07s. But i'm in Ohio, so maybe it will be different for some of you other guys.
  4. Dana 30 Steering Connect

Looks pretty nice! You got more lift than me as well, so that might make it a bit different.
  5. Dana 30 Steering Connect

Sorry the picture is utter crap, but the left side goes to the pass. Knuckle and the right side attaches to the pitman arm. So basically the left half of the sleeve is exactly how it was, and the right half used to be on a ranger knuckle. After I welded the sleeve together I ground it flat...
  6. Dana 30 Steering Connect

I hate to dig up an old thread again, but what I did worked really well so here goes. Take one of the short tie rod ends off of a ranger knuckle, and cut off half of the sleeve that it threaded into. Then go to the d30 and cut the sleeve closest to where the jeep pitman arm was in half. Then...
  7. Dana 30 Recommendations

I put a 30 in my 92 2wd to do a 4x4 conversion. I got a hp30 from a 95 classic cherokee and it did not have the disconnect. I love it like crazy, but don't put alot of money into it. I did mine for under 1000 and it was harder than it seems to do that cheap. If you're going to spend more than...
  8. Heater box and floor pan modification?

I got a 92 ranger ext. Cab with ac (the good stuff...R12), and i'd like to throw in a 5.0 with an M5-R2 explorer/mountaineer engine, trans from an f-150. And I really don't like body lifts. So my question is, will it fit nicely without cutting up my floor pan? I don't mind folding the seam...
  9. NP 435 to zf5 swap

A friend of mine has a 74 f-350 highboy with I believe an NP435, and he would like an overdrive trans. I was wondering if anyone here has swapped a ZF5 into a 70s ford before, and was wondering what all is involved. It's not an everyday truck, but it gets around enough the overdrive would be...
  10. 3.0 engine speed/tach readout

So since I got a tach, i've kinda thought it idled high. It reads 1500 rpms, and always seems like it's running slower than what the tach says. So i'd like some numbers on idle engine speed, and the rpms at any given speed, in a specific gear. For example: idle speed is 1200 rpms. 3rd gear at...
  11. 5.0 Towing, radiator question

So I plan on doing a 5.0 swap with an Explorer engine maybe this summer (probably next summer if i'm honest with myself), and I was wondering if the Explorer radiator will he sufficient. I often find myself with 1000 lbs in my bed, along with a 1500-2000 lbs trailer behind that in addition. So...
  12. Light modification to exhaust location.

Here's how it ended up......maybe could be a little better, but it rides pretty stiff, so it should never make it that far.
  13. Light modification to exhaust location.

So I just did a solid axle swap, and my 4-link runs into the flange where the Y-pipe meets the cat. So i'd like to just bend it up a couple inches so that I get more clearance. If I can get it 1.5 inches higher, I would probably gain 4 inches of travel, at which point other things would be in...
  14. 1350 adapter plate

The other day in the junkyard, I found a V8 ranger with the 1350 t-case. Should I grab the adapter plate? I have no need for it right now, but if somebody wants it, I can grab it for you....i have heard people say that those are expensive, but haven't looked into it. The engine is junk from the...
  15. 5.0 economy

Hey guys, I read a few pages back through the V8 swap threads, and gave up looking for some economy numbers on the 5.0. What kind of MPGs have you guys been getting? Please post if you have efi or carburetor, and the mods you have that may have helped/hindered economy. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad