• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by kodogtwh

1. Upgraded head hardware (FOUND!)

reuseable.
  2. Upgraded head hardware (FOUND!)

A bolt-on solution for upgraded 2.9/4.0OHV head hardware has been found! The ARP Head stud kit that's specified for a 2000cc lima/pinto 4cyl is a direct, no-mod fit. Kit #151-4201. It comes with 10 studs, washers, and nuts. Two sets need to be ordered to fulfill all 16 studs that are needed in...
  3. Tommy Morana Twin Throttle Body HELP

That was before I did any modification to the truck. I should have contextualized it, my bad. At the time all it had was a cone filter intake. On that same truck, again before I modified it, I drove it like I stole it for a year (30,000 miles) with no noticable affect on the engine's health. No...
  4. Tommy Morana Twin Throttle Body HELP

My truck made faster passes in the 1/8th mile revving it to 6 as opposed to 5500. Still not fast compared to walking, but definitely faster. Either way there's 2,000rpm of power on the table for OP
  5. Do 2.9s only use one HALF of a thrust bearing from the factory?

Absolutely positive. Stock bore, Ford stamp on pistons, Ford stamp on head bolts, Ford stamp on all the bearings, early model heads, Ford stamp on head gaskets, cork valve cover gaskets, the whole 9 yards. Carfax on the bII it came out of reported 90k miles.
  6. Do 2.9s only use one HALF of a thrust bearing from the factory?

The weirdest thing, it's an unopened engine. Never been rebuilt.
  7. Tommy Morana Twin Throttle Body HELP

You're missing out on a lot of power by not revving it out to 6000ish. 2.9s don't make torque, that's what 4.0s are for. In order to make torque you gotta add boost, that's what I did.
  8. Upgraded head hardware (FOUND!)

you're right, i'm just used to messing with 4cyl stuff. fewer head studs = cheaper kit.
  9. Do 2.9s only use one HALF of a thrust bearing from the factory?

Catalogs' listings for various brands of main bearings use two thrust bearings, meanwhile the engine I just tore down only has one shell in the thrust main that actually has thrust bearing surfaces. What gives? Is it an automatic trans thing? either way it's getting a pair, its going into a...
  10. Tommy Morana Twin Throttle Body HELP

Leave the factory truck intake on, it matches the cam. The 'easy' trick is to get a scorpio Upper plenum and a scorpio cam. They work well and the powerband is widened upwards significantly. and the scorpio uses mechanical lifters. Morana's intake doesnt flow as good as the scorpio's up top, but...
  11. Upgraded head hardware (FOUND!)

Has anyone found an ARP stud kit that fits a 2.9/4.0 that isn't the $400 kit from morana? I'm thinking about ordering some 12.9 hardware from mcmaster-carr to replace the TTY stuff they come with. My turbo truck keeps stretching head bolts and blowing head gaskets.
  12. 2.9 Turbo Project

Did someone machine teeth into a factory damper? And a 36-1 wheel at camshaft speed wouldn't work for EDIS. It needs to be crank-mounted
  13. 2.9 Turbo Project

I'm assuming you're using EDIS6, hence the lack of need for a cam sensor. I actually used stinger performance's cam trigger. Pops onto the factory distributor and works well with my microsquirt. Reason I used it is because Im too lazy to fabricate an entire serpentine belt setup just to use the...
  14. 4.0 Fuel Rail on a 2.9

I've never had an issue getting mine to seal. Never really needed extra flow either. Even with the ignorant levels of boost I feed it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad