• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by khardrunner14

1. Ranger/Explorer Motor into a Sport Trac

I have the opportunity to pick up a sport trac for really cheap...but it needs a motor. Will any of the SOHC 4.0 L motors swap in from other tracs, rangers, or explorers? Or, do I have to have one specifically from the sport trac. I know the motors are the same, but I need to know if they will swap.
  2. 2001 ranger mpg

I get 25-27 if I use non ethanol fuel, only 22-23 with ethanol. Mine's an 02.
  3. Control Trac Frustrations!! Help!

Here are the stats: 1996 Explorer Sport Control Trac 4x4 3.08 Open Diffs I'm about to toss the dang thing off of a cliff. There's something goofy with the 4x4. Here's what I've done so far: - I've read the tech section for the electronic shift rebuild and did that. - transfer case flush with...
  4. Explorer 4x4 Frustrations!! Help!

MOVED TO 4wd systems.
  5. 2002 Ranger Cooling System

I've got an 02 motor sitting in a garage that I'll see this weekend. I'll try to remember to take pics.
  6. high mileage

02 w/ 94000 today...47k on the motor though (PO ran it with no oil!)
  7. Pinion socket size

Anyone have a clue what size the big bolt is on the drive shaft side of the pinon is? I'm talking about the REALLY big one (bigger than 24mm for sure) that connects the yoke to the pinion. 2002 ranger 7.5 rear
  8. locating a 7.5 l/s rebuild kit

I'm having trouble locating a rebuild kit for a 7.5 l/s. I've looked at summit, jegs, jc whitney, and local parts guys...nothing. Maybe I am inept at searching, but I can't find one. Help! Also, is there a "+1" rebuild?
  9. Help with Pricing 2001 2.3L

Have to check prices in your area as that will vary significantly. Obviously KBB and Edmunds are good places to start. I say you can always offer more, so start low! I just bought an 02 for $1250 in great condition, but it needed a motor. Total for the truck and motor job was around $2300, and...
  10. Coolant flow direction

This may be kind of an odd question, but bear with me as I'm new to the duratech. The bottom hose running from the block to the radiator on my truck is constantly cold, even when the thermostat is open, while the top hose is hot. Normally, I would expect the opposite as the coolant should flow...
  11. Where to find a motor?

I need a used but in good condition 2.3L duratech to put in a 2002 Ranger. Any ideas where to get one near York, Pa? I'm calling all over, so any ideas are welcome. I also posted in the WTB section here already.
  12. 2.3 timing belt or chain?

Thanks, that's what I thought.
  13. 2.3 timing belt or chain?

I just bought an '02 ranger with a blown motor. While I replace the motor, I figured I'd swap out the timing belt assuming it has one and not a timing chain. Which does it have? I don't have the truck with me and I need to get to the parts store today.
  14. Tire Reccomendation Time!!

I'm sure this discussion has been had at one point, however I didn't find what I was looking for in my forum search. Anyway... It's about time to get new kicks on the 96 Explorer Sport. I LOVE the look/performance of the BFG TA KO's, but at $600+tax for the mounted set they seem more like a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad