• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by KELLY88

1. KELLY88

Home Soundproofing

Alright here's the issue. I just moved into a new place. My bedroom window faces a major highway. There's some vegetation between the road and my place but not enough to drown out much of the sound. The traffic noise is driving me insane, especially at night. I'm a light sleeper and if a big rig...
  2. KELLY88

Lost Part of my Desktop

Every once in a while when I turn on my computer there's a black bar about 2 and a half inches on right side. It's like the settings think my monitor is narrower. Usually when this happens I just restart the computer and it turns back on and everything is ok but I've restarted it 3 times now and...
  3. KELLY88

Stuck on Ball Joint Job

Well I've been putting it off for months and today I finally got started on replacing the ball joints and tie rod ends to fix a horrible alignment problem. I got it all taken apart, old ball joints out, new ball joints in and greased up. My problem is that when I go to reinstall the knuckle I...
  4. KELLY88

To keep the Ranger or not?

I know there have been a few of these discussions going around, well here is another one. I'm in the dilemma of whether to keep my truck or not and time is running low to make a decision. I leave for college the 15th of this month. It's about 100 miles away. Didn't seem like a big deal til my...
  5. KELLY88

Wheel Bearing Grease Seal

How in the world do you get these new seals onto the rotors? I've been working at this for an hour on the seals alone. Tried freezing them even and still no use. I'm afraid to hit them too hard for fear of bending, one actually is a little bit already, not very badly though. I'm lost at this...
  6. KELLY88

Power Cutting Out on Start Up

Well this has been an odd problem that's gotten worse over the last month. In the beginning, every once and a while, when I go to start the truck it would crank once, hesitate a bit, crank a few more times then fire right up. Problem is that I lost power in that hesitation. The radio and clock...
  7. KELLY88

full width, Pros & Cons

The EB 44s are about as close at it gets to finding a bolt in SAS for a Ranger. Full widths require more fab. Quite a few trucks on here are running a solid front axle. Some with EB D44, some with full widths, some with narrowed full widths etc. Check out the Offroad Truck of the Month threads...
  8. KELLY88

Engine Trouble Code P0133

Got a check engine light on yesterday. Had it read today. Only 1 code, P0133: slow response (heated oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1). Probable Causes: Oxygen sensor defective Fuel system running rich or lean - check other codes first. Looks like a bad O2 sensor but I wanted to know if there...
  9. KELLY88

The Laws of Ultimate Reality

*Law of Mechanical Repair After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee. *Law of Gravity Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner. *Law of Random Numbers If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal...
  10. KELLY88

Video Format Conversion

Is there a program or website that can do conversions of video formats? I got a digital video camera a few months ago and love it. Problem I have is it records in MP4 format and I can only play it on Quicktime. For one thing I can't stand Quicktime and also I want to send the videos to other...
  11. KELLY88

6 Disc Changer Not Working

Well here's an annoying issue. My 6 disc changer in my 97 stopped working the other day. Just happened suddenly. I turned the truck off and it was working, turned it back on and nothing. I can hear the discs shuffle in the player and can hear them spin up but then nothing happens. No static...
  12. KELLY88

Broke axle what next?

Sorry about your axle. On the other hand if you had hit him in the crotch with a grenaded axle shaft (and it didn't cause permanent damage) that would have made the best offroading story ever.
  13. KELLY88

200k Club's Newest Member

Just rolled over the odometer this morning. Took a few cellphone pics of the progress. Drove through a neighborhood the last mile and a half so I could pull over when it rolled and take a couple shots without the speedometer needle in the way (and for the safety factor of course). I'm just so...
  14. KELLY88

what axles should go in the ranger?

Four feet out from the fenders? That's a big axle.
  15. KELLY88

what axles should go in the ranger?

I say go with the built explorer if it's gonna be a daily driver. Full width axles can be a pain on the street. Also illegal in some states if the tires are sticking out too far.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad