• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by kdowney50

1. kdowney50

Takata Air Bag Problems

I just read an article on Carcomplaints.com that scared the hell out of me. A driver of a 2006 Ford Ranger was killed by a Takata Air Bag during an accident. The full article is here: http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2016/ford-ranger-killed-takata-airbag-south-carolina.shtml Thought you all...
  2. kdowney50

Used Ford OBD 1

I was cleaning out the garage and found my old Ford OBD 1 Code Reader. Is there someone in this group that can use it? It is for Ford, Lincoln & Mercury Cars and Trucks 1981 to 1995. Complete with cable and manual. If you can use it, let me know. I will give it to you for the cost of postage to...
  3. kdowney50

The Engine Died!

I have a 1994 Mazda B-2300. It is overall in good shape. The body is rust free, tires are new (less than 1000 miles) good shocks, front end was rebuilt last year. However . . .the transmission is shot and the engine died. I can replace the engine/transmission for $2K. But KBB.com says its...
  4. kdowney50

Engine & Transmission Swap

I killed the engine on my 94 Mazda B2300. I want to replace the engine & transmission with one from a newer model B 2300 or Ranger. How much newer can the engine/Transmission be before I run into problems with getting them to fit. Can I go as new as 2009? Or should I look for something in the...
  5. kdowney50

5 Speed Manual Transmission trouble

I have a 1994 B2300 w/5 Speed manual transmission. Its going south fast. Anyone here ever rebuilt one? I found a kit on line for $275.00. Otherwise a used one is $350.00 and a complete rebuild is $650.00. I am an industrial mechanic by trade. I have tools and access to a hydraulic press...
  6. kdowney50

Cabin Heater quit working

My cabin heater quit working. The hoses leading to it are warm near the water pump but cold at the fire wall. I flushed out the heater core. (It was full of nastyness) and the rest of the system. Nothing seems to help. It seems this old truck is falling apart faster than I can repair it...
  7. kdowney50

ASL Light Flashing

I just rebuilt the rear brakes on my '94 B2300. Now the ABS light flashes all the time. Anyone else have this problem? Found the problem! Turns out the dash lights were out as well. Apparently, the ABS system is powered from the same fuse. I replaced the fuse and the ABS light quit flashing. I...
  8. kdowney50

'94 B2300 No Spark Problem

I have several problems with my old, up to now reliable B-2300. Last week the engine overheated when the water neck failed. The engine knocked and rattled until I could get it to a safe place. It would not restart after it cooled down. I pulled the head, (expecting a blown head gasket) and found...
  9. kdowney50

High Idle Problems

I have a '94 B2300 2.3L 4Cyl with 164K miles and a manual trans. The engine idles at 1200-1500 RPM all the time. I can some times get the idle down to 700 RPM if I drag the clutch while holding the brake. However, this does not always work. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad