• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by kburley

1. 2008 fx4 4.0 reverse gear whine. automatic

hey guys. i bought a 2008 fx4 automatic yesterday. this afternoon i noticed a strange whining noise in reverse that i hadnt heard previously. when in reverse, there is a very high pitched whine that changes in tone and intensity in line with engine RPMS when i shift to drive from reverse, the...
  2. Transmission whine in reverse 2008 fx4

hey guys. i bought a 2008 fx4 yesterday. this afternoon i noticed a strange whining noise in reverse that i hadnt heard previously. when in reverse, there is a very high pitched whine that changes in tone and intensity in line with engine RPMS when i shift to drive from reverse, the same...
  3. need electrical diagram for brake lights desperately...have no brake lights

i have no brake lights to the tail lights or 3rd brake light 2005 b4000 4x4 so far: replaced pedal switch checked connections to multifunction switch checked grounds on bulbs i have tail lights and signals but no brake lights. i am chasing the wiring trying to figure out what wires go...
  4. bucking at highway speed and rough idle 4.0 SOHC

Hi guys 123000km 4.0 4x4 automatic At idle, my 4.0 sohc will fluctuate RPMs. idles fine, drops suddenly by a few hundred rpm then bounces right back to normal for a few second (up to 10 seconds between jolts) additionally, at highway speeds, the truck will buck under very specific...
  5. Alternator/charging questions

Hi gents, hopefully I have the right section for this. Replace my alternator a few days ago after the battery light came on. Replaced the alternator the battery light turned off. 2 days later (last night) I noticed my dash lights getting really dim. withing 5 minutes of that, the truck lost all...
  6. Battery light on-1999 ranger 4 cylinder

Hi everyone, i have searched the forum for threads on this topic and have not found any,so forgive me if this topic has been covered already. I recently noticed that when my engine goes above 3000 rpm, the battery light would flicker. Eventually, it started staying on (solid light as opposed...
  7. 19x8.5 +45mm tire size

Hey guys! I've been searching for hours and cant find a definite answer, so excuse me if this has already been discussed on this forum. I just bought new rims for my ranger. As mentioned in the title they are 19x8.5 with a +45mm offset. my question is; what size tires can i use? I want some low...
  8. drive shaft removal 1999 ranger rwd.

I'm about to remove my drive shaft in my 1999 ranger. when I pull the drive shaft out of the transmission, will it leak transmission fluid? Do I need an oil pan? also, does anyone know the torque specs for the rear of the shaft? im pretty sure the four bolts that hold it on the diff will require...
  9. 1999 ranger 4 cyl. driveshaft balancer broken off.

well, for a few weeks now the truck has had a horrible resonating sound around 2000 rpm and I've noticed its been a little rougher and shakier to drive. I got under the truck today and saw that the drive shaft balancer (perfectly cylindrical, attached with a gasket right between the U joints and...
  10. ABS light/seedo bounce 1999 ranger

Hi guys, got a fresh new problem to deal with. I have a 1999 ford ranger xl, single cab rear wheel drive. yesterday my abs light came on and my speedometer started to bounce. It engages around 60 km/h when accelerating, and when braking it will bounce down to zero once I go below approximately...
  11. right headlight goes out when using high beams?

Hey guys, I have a '99 ford ranger xl single cab with the SOHC 2.5l four cylinder. I have always noted that there was little to no difference between high and low beam on the truck and figured out why tonight. It seems that both headlights work when the low beams are on, and for some reason the...
  12. 99 ranger 2wd 5 speed clutch noises

Hello everone, I have two irritating noises in my clutch system and need help figuring out what is is so I can fix it. I am new to forums, and any bit of help is greatly appreciated 1-when starting from first and sometimes second gear (especially when cold) and riding the clutch just a little...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad