• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by kamps989

1. kamps989

I have returned with a new (to me) toy!

Well everyone I have bought my second Ranger! It is a 2011 4x4 XLT with 75k on it and not a spec of rust under the doors or tailgate which is really all I was looking for up here. My first impressions have been great with this thing and the power increase from the 3.0 to the 4.0 is really...
  2. kamps989

Shudder at speed with low RPM's

Hey guys so my truck shudders going at any speed once it shifts to its desired gear for that speed but only when the RPM's are low. The shuddering seems to go away once the truck has been driving for a while, I feel like it is the tranny but am far from sure. I am pretty sure I have the 4R44E...
  3. kamps989

Can someone verify my sadness?

Timing chain cover leak? and if so does anyone know of a good walk through here or somewhere else or any snags I may encounter? Chiltons is useless for this. I am thinking I will just have to dive in and figure it out as I go.
  4. kamps989

3.0 Exhaust specs

Ok so about a year ago I had the flange on my exhaust fail and I repaired it with one of those cheapo flange kits. Well the seal is leaking at the flange and I am sick of the sputtering sound. So I am thinking of using a stainless exhaust clamp and cutting the whole flange off (which I know is...
  5. kamps989

Cold weather staring problems already

OK so my truck is running like a champ as I just put a flex fuel sensor emulator in (should have done that years ago) however it still has not solved my cold starting issues. It has been in the single digits here and my truck will only start if I give it some gas, after that it starts and idles...
  6. kamps989

Truck dying at stop lights, restarts with time

Hello all, Past few days my truck has been dying at stoplights and wont start unless I let it sit a few minutes (which is a big problem as sitting through a stop light in Minneapolis isn't thought of too fondly). This morning I was headed out and couldn't get it to restart so I pushed it home as...
  7. kamps989

A/C Comp wont turn off Corolla

Hey guys I am visiting my GF in Arkansas this week as she recently moved down here and I am trying to knock out as much "handy man" work for her in this week as I can. So I recharged the AC in her 2001 Prizm today (identical to the Corolla of the same vintage) and there was not enough...
  8. kamps989

Should I continue with Rangers?

So I am thinking in the next 2 years I am going to get a new to me truck. I have been thinking F-150 for some time as the fuel economy would be similar and the capacities would be larger. As I have pondered it I am thinking that a last production year Ranger might be a better fit for me. I would...
  9. kamps989

4x4 Fuse removal stop lights

My transfer case motor was giving me hell again at the beginning of this winter so instead of spending the money on yet another unreliable piece of electronics I went with the Shiftster. I can't say enough about this simple little device! Having truly reliable 4 wheel drive this winter has been...
  10. kamps989

Test

Test
  11. kamps989

3.0 Idle and rpm dips

Hey guys I am coming to my wits end about this issue, I have dug high and low on the forums to no avail. So I have been having rough idle issues and my engines RPMs dip under acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear. The dips generally aren't that large but on a handful of occasions it feels as though...
  12. kamps989

Misfire and rough idle

I have been looking around and have familiarized myself with the common causes of a misfire. My truck has been idling rough for quite some time, I kind of just got used to it and flat out didn't have the money to try and search its gremlins out. Now the CEL is on and its throwing a code saying...
  13. kamps989

Wont start stuck at work SOS!!

So I was leaving work today and my truck started right up however after a second or 2 it died on me. I have had this happen before and thought nothing of it because it usually starts right back up. This time however it just proceeded to turn over without starting. I am thinking I am experiencing...
  14. kamps989

Misfire cylinder #6 next steps

Hey guys my truck has idled rough from time to time and recently it was idling really rough at a stoplight and the check engine light popped on. I pulled the code and it was a misfire on cylinder #6. I reset the computer and replaced my plugs and wires (needed it either way pretty sure they were...
  15. kamps989

Leaking 8.8 help finding out where

My truck decided to give me yet another problem, my diff is leaking and I am hoping it is just the cover seal. But looking at it I kind of think thats wishful thinking. Here are some pics tell me what you guys think. Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad