• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by kaboom

1. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.3 Liter - No start - no fuel pump whine when key turned

Very good - great advice. I try to keep posts to essentials but, since you brought it up, I have hinged the bed on a frame that will one day be a dump body. The lift cylinder, etc is not in but it does allow me to pivot up the bed, to check out the in-tank pump connections. I think we are...
  2. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.3 Liter - No start - no fuel pump whine when key turned

This might be of use for those with similar issues - how to test the pump relay: https://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford/4.9L-5.0L-5.8L/fuel-pump-relay-tests-1
  3. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.3 Liter - No start - no fuel pump whine when key turned

It was the green fuel pump relay. Yes, I noted the need to change the bases - pretty bad. We're in for a snow so, job 1 was just to get running. I wrapped a pretty good seal of electrical tape around the ends of the questionable wires going into the base of the relay, exchanged the old relay...
  4. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.3 Liter - No start - no fuel pump whine when key turned

Many thanks so, if I get no spray, no pressure, it's pretty safe bet it's the relay?
  5. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.3 Liter - No start - no fuel pump whine when key turned

Hey all. First post - glad you-all are here. Attempting to go resulted in no start. I cannot hear the usual whine (from a general behind-and-below location) that happens for about three seconds when I turn the key to the accessory position. When I turn the key all the way to start, the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad