• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JunkCollector

1. JunkCollector

1994 Explorer 4.0, learning OBD 1 diagnostics, trying to avoid the parts cannon!

I've replaced both O2 sensors, as well as the TPS since I had it, miss seems to be cylinder 1 and it has spark, feeding it injector cleaner, fuel leak was the fpr o-ring, also repaired, as well as several vacuum lines. Will diagnose the miss and fuel pump monitor wire further when weather...
  2. JunkCollector

1994 Explorer 4.0, learning OBD 1 diagnostics, trying to avoid the parts cannon!

I bought a new rig recently after getting out of RBVs for a good while, and am looking into some key issues that it's throwing at me. I've ran several KOEO tests. I'm seeing a left O2 sensor "too lean" and "too rich" code, "EGR flow lower than expected" "fuel pump secondary circuit fault" and...
  3. JunkCollector

MSD TFI with 4bbl carb?

Where would one source the replacement springs? I know you can just buy em for MSD distributors but I didnt know there were others available for duraspark units. I'm running a 390cfm as well. Edit: misread this entirely, I get the tab bending thing now. At first I thought there was a heavy...
  4. JunkCollector

MSD TFI with 4bbl carb?

Thanks for your help guys, I'll go with the duraspark then. I would like to get a programmable msd computer in the future, but Id rather not spend quite that much money right now. I already did all my research and I can have everything but the duraspark wiring harness for ~$170. This does mean...
  5. JunkCollector

MSD TFI with 4bbl carb?

I did some reading and saw that there are/were harnesses to convert your tfi over to msd ignition, but it didnt clarify if that allows you to eliminate the feedback carb and some of the various controls. Is there a way to run a digital MSD box and the 4bbl? Would like to have a 2-step limiter...
  6. JunkCollector

Making the Holley 4bbl work with cruise?

Yea mine's definitely a 2150. Im trying to make the poor thing run "good enough" until I have the time and money to throw at all the parts to convert it over. It starts up instantly right now so I should probably leave it alone until later. I wanted to know if the cruise could work before I did...
  7. JunkCollector

From what I read the feedbacks were VV, but maybe I'm wrong. If that's the case I'll tear the "reman" apart and stuff my old one's jets in. It might also have bad timing since it pops and misses anywhere above 4500rpm, even free revving. It seems to be an issue that compounds into fuel...
  8. JunkCollector

I figured someone had messed with the variable venturi jets when "remanufactured" as well as the float being off. I'll look at it this weekend when I drive up to where it's currently parked. It's not clogged with junk, and didn't run out of breath when I ran the electric bypass pump temporarily...
  9. JunkCollector

After gawking at this engine bay for awhile, the piggybacked clip is broken off the throttle, which I know I can fix with zipties, what I cant fix is the mess of vacuum lines on this thing. I've found the diagrams for all the smog junk, but not one for how the cruise hooks up. Anyone have a...
  10. JunkCollector

I recently picked up an 85 2.8 5 speed B2 after finding it was optioned almoat exactly how I wanted one when I was in high school. Its kind of a replacement for my wrecked 84 Ranger from a few years back. Like the 84, its from a junkyard. Unlike the 84, it has all the smog crap and won't pull...
  11. JunkCollector

TRS 20th Anniversary Trail Ride - Southington Offroad Park - Ohio

I'm still trying to cram my truck together in time to make it...somehow doubting I'll be able to make it, but I'll try!
  12. JunkCollector

Factory vanity mirror in a 1st gen?

My Bronco II had a little rectangular mirror on the passenger side sun visor, it came unglued when I put the visor down today and of course cracked when it hit the floor. I thought it was after market but I found a ford logo on the back. It looks like this one...
  13. JunkCollector

TRS 20th Anniversary Trail Ride - Southington Offroad Park - Ohio

If all goes well I'll have my rig done up by then. Depending on how things pan out, it could be stock or built. Who knows. Either way it'll be able to make it. I'm new, but I've always wanted to go on one of the TRS trail rides. Any idea if these could become a yearly thing again?
  14. JunkCollector

Planning to warm over my 2.8l

Found a source for a 2.8 4bbl manifold and carb, and am planning a duraspark conversion if I can get the intake/carb for cheap. What kind of power boost can I expect? I later plan on swapping the valve seals out, as it is smoking a bit, and sticking a cam in it. What kind of power can I expect...
  15. JunkCollector

TRS 20th Meet & Greet - southeast area

Durr, I had a brain fart and was thinking this year. Must have been around too much brake kleen today... In that case it should be lifted, with the 4bbl and duraspark, and the rooftop tent by fall next year. Maybe even a D35 front!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad