• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jtomcat244

1. jtomcat244

03 ranger idles high

I have a 2003 ranger 4x4 with the 4.0 liter SOCH. The engine idles at 1500 to 2000 rpms intermittently. I have replaced the Idle Air Control module. can anyone help me figure out what the problem is I would really appreciate any help.
  2. jtomcat244

the counterbalance located in the oil pan

i am building a 4.0 soch motor. it has what im assuming a counterbalance in the oil pan that has a chain running to the crank to turn it. i wanna know what would happen if i didnt put that back in the motor. i would like to think i really dont need it and would free up a lil spinning weight. if...
  3. jtomcat244

Losin antifreeze but no evidence

I have a 2003 ranger 4.0 4x4. I seem to be losing coolant but cant see anywhere that it is goin. See no external leaks no evidence of coolant in the oil pan. See no antifreeze in the intake valley. Were the 2003 4.0's bad about leaking coolant because of the intake gaskets. Would love to know...
  4. jtomcat244

Changing gears from a ranger 8.8 to an explorer 8.8

I was curious can you replace the ranger 8.8 gears and carrier with an explorer 8.8 31 spline carrier and gear set. if you have done it please let me know. I have access to an explorer gear set.thanks for any info you can give me
  5. jtomcat244

need gauge cluster

I am just wondering if nay of you guys have a gauge cluster for a 2003 Ford Ranger XLT. It has tach, oil press., temp gauge. someone before me put a custom gauge backing on the cluster and got the needles for the gauges all screwed up. the odometer reads 115,000 miles so if you have something...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad