• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jtegg007

1. Help finding a replacement clip for fuel line

This is likely what I'm going to do. I've done it before but they are a B*TCH, even with the stupid clamp tool.
  2. Help finding a replacement clip for fuel line

You guys are no help 😂 Googling and checking dormans site, I only get hair line clips that don't match at all. Dorman recommends the 800-032 but it doesn't match. The 021 looks closer but they say that's for some VW.
  3. Help finding a replacement clip for fuel line

Hope this is alright in this forum, couldn't find a better spot. This trucks an 03 ranger with the 4.0, completely stock at 147k miles. It started leaking fuel a few weeks ago and just got bad enough for me to rip the bed off. I found one of the smaller lines at the pump has a little piss...
  4. Oil Galley Pathing? I have timing guide debris in an oil galley, trying to fish it out!

Well, I know it's unlikely, but if anyone has a blown 4.0 with the timing cover off and would be kind enough to drill out the two plugs on the passenger side to see where they lead, that'd be incredible. I can borescope from the inside and see the upper one has a short channel, but then it turns...
  5. Oil Galley Pathing? I have timing guide debris in an oil galley, trying to fish it out!

yes, sorry. Ford 4.0 SOHC out of a 2007 ranger.
  6. Oil Galley Pathing? I have timing guide debris in an oil galley, trying to fish it out!

I might not have described it well enough. That last photo is right before i primed the pump again. After priming the pump, i can no longer see the plastic piece. It washed towards the passanger side of the block.
  7. Oil Galley Pathing? I have timing guide debris in an oil galley, trying to fish it out!

As the title says, no idea how, but I got a little round chunk of old timing guide into an oil galley. Found it after a complete rebuild, primed the motor and had no oil to the driver side head. Tried back flushing, it was rock solid. Put 120psi to it and got it to clear, but quickly became...
  8. VSS: 96 ranger 2x4, has a cable operated VSS in the tail shaft and an electric VSS in the rear axle?

Gotcha. So is the speedo electric from the tailshaft? My tailshaft does *not* have a speedo cable connected to the port, just a 2 wire connector. But the speedo does work.
  9. VSS: 96 ranger 2x4, has a cable operated VSS in the tail shaft and an electric VSS in the rear axle?

Hey all, just picked up this truck and who knows whats been done to it. 1996 4.0 2x4. The trans tailshaft has (what appears to be) the cable operated VSS installed, except without the cable. There is a 2 pin wire connector plugged in here as well, but the cable port has tranny fluid dripping...
  10. Advice on new (to me) Ranger.

Hello all, I'm new here. I just bought my first Ranger, after three 5.8L Ford Bronco's. My friend asked me to look at it because it was shaking at speed and idle, after various tests, it looks like it needs head gaskets. She cant afford it so I bought it out from under her... SO. Onto the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad