• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Josh0224

1. New brake booster - pedal remains soft

I'll try that tomorrow morning. Thanks y'all!! I appreciate all the feedback!
  2. New brake booster - pedal remains soft

Well, don't I feel dumb. I'm used to seeing clutch masters on the firewall next to the brake master. /facepalm I dont think they were low before I started, but I really didnt pay attention to it until the booster started hissing. They definitely weren't on par with my newer vehicles, but I dont...
  3. New brake booster - pedal remains soft

Yeah, I noticed that with the big ol' made in china sticker on it. I didn't realize remans have went so far down hill.
  4. New brake booster - pedal remains soft

Jamming the brake vs a slow depression has the same amount of resistance. And stops at the same place. When the car is off, the brakes do tighten really good, but never gets super solid. With repetitive punching of the brake, it the pedal still moves 2-3 inches before stopping. How could I tell...
  5. New brake booster - pedal remains soft

For reference, the booster I installed: https://m.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-power-booster/duralast-remanufactured-brake-power-booster-54-73189/102614_0 I had to twist the pedal connection 90 degrees. Hopefully that didnt mess anything up.
  6. New brake booster - pedal remains soft

Hey guys and gals, I was driving to the store yesterday when my brakes started hissing at me. (I'd press the pedal and hear a hiss inside the cab). A quick google search told me that my brake booster was bad. I replaced it this morning, and no more hiss, but my pedal is still soft. As in, I can...
  7. Injector change

So I figured it out. The plug wires were on the coil wrong... lesson learned. Also, I had to get a new ignition coil because the CEL came back up. Now the truck has more power than i could have ever hoped for. Loving my ranger (even though i was ready to burn it earlier today)
  8. Injector change

Video as promised. Also, I noticed the backfire is popping off the hose circle in yellow.
  9. Injector change

Backstory: I bought a 1996 Ranger 4.0 with unknown miles (the odometer stopped at 221k). It had a CEL for a misfire on cylinder one. The previous owner changed the plugs and wires, but didn't get it to clear. I bought the car with this knowledge. Yesterday/now: I bought some injectors from ebay...
  10. New guy

Hey everyone, my name is Josh, and I just joined the ranger family. I bought a 1996 Ford Ranger 4.0 with an undisclosed amount of miles (the odometer stopped at 221k). I'm having some issues with it that I'll post in a separate thread, but so far, I'm liking it a lot! I look forward to talking...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad