• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Recent content by Josh B

1. Josh B

How to: replace valve cover gaskets, fuel rail gaskets and lower intake gaskets

Hence my motto there Gord, I'd rather do it twice and know what i've got, than to let them do it once and not have a clue. It seems no matter how much BS they talk at the counter, about 19.5 times out of 20 they immediately turn it over to the shop kid and turn em loose with only a minimal...
  2. Josh B

Here's a bit more about things I learned on the intakes and gaskets Gord, https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/96-4-0-explorer-xlt-4x4-getting-it-back-on-the-road.183898/page-5 , Starting page 5.
  3. Josh B

Actually on that #103 post those were not the only gaskets in the set. There were also 6 of the figure-8 O-ring type gaskets. I had one of the flat gaskets pictured in the middle there, and three of the figure-8 O-ring type left over (basically enough to do the upper intake and fuel rail twice)...
  4. Josh B

Starter Bolt Hole in Trans Stripped! Any Ideas?

You might find a swap best. IF you can find a suitable swap in your situation. With limited skills/tools/transportation, and knowledge of the job, it could be tough. A pick N pay junkyard would be the place to look, but as stated, even that is not easy on a newbie, or maybe it is, depends what...
  5. Josh B

4x4 axle end parts question

My thoughts went there too when I read "I had the auto hubs swapped" in post 4
  6. Josh B

Ryobi Tools and Home Depot Customer Service and Warranty Notes

I looked at their site again earlier today and didn't see the things I saw last week, in any form. I'm guessing those heavy chargers won't be around long, might check at the store when I get the chance, maybe find a set of something there to grab another charger and couple extra batteries.
  7. Josh B

I bought the same set in 2006, because it was in the same box for a good price, and out the door. Skill saw, sawzall, drill/driver,can't remember what all came with that set, carry bag and flashlight. It's biggest problem was the batteries, after 5 or 6 years of basically light service duty they...
  8. Josh B

On another note while I was still wondering what I could do, I had looked at battery/charger kits online, I might even annie up with a couple of the 4Ah batteries and the heavier charger, seems they're all being shipped now with the tiny cell-phone type chargers. (or maybe the 1/2" impact) The...
  9. Josh B

Got a set of Ryobi 18V tools last summer to replace the previous set from 2006. The batteries just wore out, two sets, although the tools were still good, but I was in a pinch and needed something Now, specifically the Sawsall. As before I got the full set, broke out the sawsall in the parking...
  10. Josh B

More progress. Attacking rust, learning about windows, and planning junkyard trips.

I got a free 87 Ranger from MN which was rusted underneath rather well, only good part it had a new engine. Spent a couple months in spare time with it up on blocks crawling around underneath it with a wire brush and chipping hammer, and a dozen cans of wmart 99 cent black paint. Drove that...
  11. Josh B

Did you get your stimulus check?

Seems they just can't hardly wait to grab some of those checks ;)
  12. Josh B

Highway tires on a 4x4

Hey RG, I haven't had a chance to say hello. Those are good questions, but I can't give you any specifics on them. You will get some good answers in time from those who know well the parameters you've mentioned. Good luck with it
  13. Josh B

Dana 35 u joint help

There's a lot of people that do a lot of modifications to those front axles. I'm hoping you're not stuck with trying to resolve that type of a mess. Pictures sometimes are worth a thousand words. Did you take note of Shran's suggestion of setting one side in , and then driving it back home...
  14. Josh B

Cheaper than free oil?

Diesel is still in demand.