• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jose87bronco11

1. 1987 Bronco 11 engine ?

I forgot to mention that my 87 does not have a overflow cannister.
  2. 1987 Bronco 11 engine ?

My 87 Bronco 11 has a 2.9 V6 question when i shut of engine coolant starts coming out from the hose located on the radiator filler neck. At first i was wondering if it had a blowen head gaskets but when I take the radiator cap off while engine is running coolant does not come out I am baffled...
  3. 87 Bronco 2 electrical help needed.

Update I did have the Alternator tested at Napa and Oreillys 2 weeks ago and tested good at both parts stores. Well machines are not always right Thanks to RonD And Ericbphoto a manual voltage meter test proved it was the Alternator that was bad replaced it problem solved holding a charge
  4. 87 Bronco 2 electrical help needed.

Thank you now i know what I am dealing with. I learned how to use a voltage meter. Will replace Alternator and check green wire to Ignition Switch Thanks Again
  5. 87 Bronco 2 electrical help needed.

Test # 3 on green wire with key on was 10.05 is that to low?
  6. 87 Bronco 2 electrical help needed.

Ron here are the test results test 1 = 13.04 test 2 = 13.03 test 3 = 10.05 test when engine running = 18.66 I did replace Ignition Switch with new one last week
  7. 87 Bronco 2 electrical help needed.

Yes it is red stays on reads battery once it went of after a few seconds later it just stayed on after i started the Bronco. Good I have been scratching my head trying to figure out what a Shunt is or looks like.
  8. 87 Bronco 2 electrical help needed.

My Bronco 2 has this dash cluster
  9. 87 Bronco 2 electrical help needed.

Thanks Eric where is the ecu located on my 87 Bronco 11.
  10. 87 Bronco 2 electrical help needed.

Thanks Ron I did replace the Ignition switch it was coming apart not burned. I did replace all of the Fusible links and Diodes from a donor 87 Bronco 11 at our local wrecking yard and and the Alternator wiring harness no stud nut on Alternator just push in terminals . How can i check those...
  11. 87 Bronco 2 electrical help needed.

I recently bought an 87 Bronco 2. His sons accidently hooked up the battery backwards twice. I replaced some wires and did get it started but it does not hold a charge. One wire goin from the Starter solenoid to Alternator was completely burned. Long story short I have tried almost everything...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad