Recent content by JOLENE_THE_RANGER

1. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Help with modified 8.8 rear end

can you make new tabs based off the stock ones for your new rear end? you need to make sure they are the same length off the axle other wise itll change the rate of the sway bar
  2. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Minimum thickness for swing out tire carrier tubing?

i made one for a scout about 5 years ago out of .120 wall and its still alive and well. a close friend owns it
  3. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

jolene

the time has finally come for me to upgrade the front suspension. the stock ranger hubs were needing new bearings after each trip and i was just tired of it. what started as just new beams, radius arms and steering has snowballed into a full front half rebuild. there goes my summer! started off...
  4. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Torsion bar vs Coil spring preference

theres nothing wrong with the coil spring rangers. neither long travel kit (coil spring or torsion bar) will keep its respective spring set up, they will both be switched to coilover with a new fabricated shock mount. that being said the torsion bar frame is much easier to switch to Long travel...
  5. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Fuel pump and tank question

happy to help sir. have fun building the vehicle with your son!
  6. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

oh yeah then a sender is no biggie. yeah pretty much all fuel pumps will pump alot more than 50 so that isnt a concern. also run a inline pre filter before the pump to make its life easier. i use a 10 micron pre filter and a 100 micron post filter after the pump. heres a link to the pump i use...
  7. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

theres two ways to skin the cat here. you can either take the stock fuel pump/sending unit and put it inside the new cell. youll have to make a custom fill plate to hold it down. if you do that youll have to lengthen the fuel lines and lengthen the rods on the pump unit itself to reach the...
  8. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Need a metal workers opinion on what to use.

personally. im a fan of cold rolled steel. stronger, and welds way nicer. if youre going to be using a mig welder i wouldnt use anything under 11GA (1/8th "ish") just to make your life way easier.
  9. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Use Anti Seize on New Plugs ???

i use on antiseize on spark plugs and literally every bolt on the truck. copper stuff works best. nickel is fine.
  10. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

HYDROBOOST BRAKES?

stock ranger pump is the loudest thing on my truck right now. is it cuz age? fluid? any quiet options/ brands?
  11. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

HYDROBOOST BRAKES?

damn electric brakes?! thats way cool. but way not in the budget haha!
  12. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

HYDROBOOST BRAKES?

so upon reading more the saginaw pump upgrade is no more. "that guy" on here was making brackets for a gm pump but im not sure if hes doing that anymore. any other options?
  13. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

HYDROBOOST BRAKES?

yeah id like to keep power brakes if possible. my question is if the ranger steering pump puts out enough pressure to run brakes too, or if ill have to upgrade it. through research ive learned that high pressure line runs from pump to brake booster then another high pressure from booster to...
  14. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

HYDROBOOST BRAKES?

room under the hood for shocks and tube work. the brake booster is right in the way of necessary tube work for shock towers and correct shock placement! my only option is with dual master cylinder manual brakes from like tilton or wilwood, or maybe a hydroboost set up if anyone's got any info on it.