• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JOLENE_THE_RANGER

1. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

4.0 sohc wants to die when I hit the gas

New maf made no change Ran a KOER test and got code 116 Took a peek at the coolant sensor and noticed it looking weird. took it out and viola. The contacts probably weren’t engaged. got a new one coming tomorrow, fingers crossed. sometimes I wish I would have switched to obd2 when I did the...
  2. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Yeah it’s a swap. Runnin on eec-iv Been running fine the last 2-3 years. This problem just came up.
  3. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Buying a MAF today to try out. I will report back.
  4. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

I have a 4.0 sohc When the engine is cold it’ll start and idle fine but as soon as I touch the gas pedal it’ll almost shut off. Release gas pedal and the rpm’s pick back up quickly. This problem goes away completely when the engine is warm Also some times, cold or warm when coming to a stop the...
  5. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

95 OHV TO later model SOHC. Who can help, with details?

I’ve done the ohv to sohc swap in both a obd1 and obd2 truck. You can swap the engine without changing wire harness or computer. I have a whole write up on it on a different site. I’ll pm you the link.
  6. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Vital Designs 1993 Regular Cab Prerunner

I don’t think there’s any right or wrong 4 link geometry. well, let me rephrase. There’s lots of wrong 4 link geometry. But also lots of right! Less than 100% anti squat can be right and more than 100% anti squat can also be right. Having driven prerunneers with both low and more amounts of anti...
  7. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Vital Designs 1993 Regular Cab Prerunner

not really. 4 links can be built with low amounts of anti squat which will transfer lots of weight rearward when under power. link spreads LOOK like they will have good squat characteristics from where im lookin... did you guys do a 4 link calculator to see what your squat percentages are and stuff?
  8. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Need some help with vaccum lines 4.0sohc

It’s the upper intake Not sure what year the engine is
  9. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

True but also there was not a push rod engine with the pictured intake manifold. I swapped the sohc in
  10. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

There was two different intakes for the sohc so it might not Thanks!
  11. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

So I have a sohc 4.0 and am wondering if someone can show me or tell me about the lines that go on to the circled fittings. Do they loop to each other or where do they go? thanks !
  12. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

drawings of frame

diyoffroad.com has a scan cad file of the ranger frame as you can see in some of their product renderings. as they are a DIGITAL product seller im willing to bet theyd sell the frame scan cad files! https://www.diyoffroad.com/vehicle-specific-components/ford-ranger.html
  13. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

need some help with blinker wiring

i had to change both blinker/ hazard relays to get them to work...one will not work without the other! thats what was hanging me up most. all good!
  14. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

turns out it was a faulty blinker relay and bad multifunction switch combo thank you all for your help.
  15. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

ill check all of the above and get back to you guys. while youre here... my wind sheild wipers do not turn off. seems like theyre set to the slowest setting at all times. if i increase wiper speed via the wiper switch on the blinker lever the speed will increase... but will not fully turn off...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad