• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by johnwfarquhar

1. 2008 Ranger XL high idle in neutral

Even after all these changes and ending up with the new throttle body from Ford, it still had a rolling idle of 1500,,, way better than the 2200 from when I over cleaned the original throttle body, but not what I had before. This is with the O'Reilly idle air control on it. I went back to the...
  2. 2008 Ranger XL high idle in neutral

I've never touched the PCV... Hmmm. Along with my B2300, I just bought a 2006 Ranger Duratec 2300 so I need to get better at this... Thanks
  3. 2008 Ranger XL high idle in neutral

Solution!!! I finally found the answer to this problem! I ordered a new throttle body from Ford, put it on and it's FIXED!!! This was driving me nuts for weeks. In 2 posts, I read that Ford Ranger throttle bodies have a teflon coating on the edges of the butterfly and where it almost touches the...
  4. 2008 Ranger XL high idle in neutral

I have the exact same thing happening on my 2008 B2300 for the last 2 days! I also have the Duratec 2300 and 5 speed stick. I've had a k&n in the stock airbox fo 2 years without issues, that's not the problem. Two days ago, I decided to clean my maf sensor with crc maf cleaner for the first time...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad