Recent content by johnwfarquhar

1. 2008 Ranger XL high idle in neutral

Even after all these changes and ending up with the new throttle body from Ford, it still had a rolling idle of 1500,,, way better than the 2200 from when I over cleaned the original throttle body, but not what I had before. This is with the O'Reilly idle air control on it. I went back to the...
  2. 2008 Ranger XL high idle in neutral

I've never touched the PCV... Hmmm. Along with my B2300, I just bought a 2006 Ranger Duratec 2300 so I need to get better at this... Thanks
  3. 2008 Ranger XL high idle in neutral

Solution!!! I finally found the answer to this problem! I ordered a new throttle body from Ford, put it on and it's FIXED!!! This was driving me nuts for weeks. In 2 posts, I read that Ford Ranger throttle bodies have a teflon coating on the edges of the butterfly and where it almost touches the...
  4. 2008 Ranger XL high idle in neutral

I have the exact same thing happening on my 2008 B2300 for the last 2 days! I also have the Duratec 2300 and 5 speed stick. I've had a k&n in the stock airbox fo 2 years without issues, that's not the problem. Two days ago, I decided to clean my maf sensor with crc maf cleaner for the first time...