• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by John97

1. 4.7L swap

Yep, the 4.7 is a POS. Had to unload the boy's Durango last year due to low oil pressure.
  2. External Hard drive disappears

This. I once got a new controller by finding another of the same exact identical drive used on ebay and taking a chance the controller was good. It was, and I was able to get the data off the drive.
  3. External Hard drive disappears

Some of those older MyBook units are flaky. But, they have standard drives in them. You should be able to just crack the thing open and put the drive in another external USB enclosure. But, I believe WD may do some kind of encryption or a proprietary format. So, you may not be able to access...
  4. Realistic expectations at 100 yards with a .22lr?

I was told by a gunsmith that they stopped making the 10/22 mag version because parts kept breaking. I would still love to have one. My little 10/22 is one of my favorite guns. It's an older model so it still has the metal trigger group instead of the plastic crap they sell now. I have a...
  5. Realistic expectations at 100 yards with a .22lr?

I can't do any better than 3" groups at 100yd with my scoped Ruger 10/22.
  6. used vehicle inflation

It's crazy here in FL. Dealer offered me almost $10K more than I paid for my truck.
  7. Anybody use security cameras in/on their house?

I've run Nest for five years. Two cameras out front plus their doorbell camera. I have one out back on the lanai. I plan to add two more for the sides of the house.
  8. Brothers getting married tomorrow and I'm buying a house

You're right about that. My buddy's MIL put her house up for sale and had fifteen showings in two days then got like five offers over asking price. I got some family moving down here sometime in the next year and I am sure it's gonna be tough for them to find a place to buy. Houses in my...
  9. 100% gas vs. Gas with ethanol

I live in FL. There's E0 all over the place. It's 89 or 90 octane. I run it in all my power equipment, both two and four stroke. My Ariens zero-turn has a supposedly ethanol-tolerant Kohler engine. I still buy the E0. I can get it at Wawa or the Circle-K Shell station that's a little...
  10. [ resolved, no scam, just "oem" parts quality issues ].. "Rock Auto Scam" ?

They're the same here. O'Reilly has been my go-to since they opened up.
  11. Rangers in your family?

I forgot that we had a 1978 Bronco "Ranger" trim when I was a wee lad.
  12. Rangers in your family?

My best friend bought a 1989 Ranger 2wd XLT with a 2.9. He put like 150k on it and then did a Jasper engine. He sold it to my father with like 170k on it. My father drove it for five years and traded it for a Tundra. I bought my 1997 XLT 4.0 4x4 Supercab in 1999. The frame was rotting out...
  13. Ammo prices?

I bought two boxes of ammo with my Sig .45 - one box of range ammo and one box of defense ammo. It cost me $200, $1/round. I blew through the range ammo just to get acquainted. I'll get more when I find some better pricing.
  14. Warranty vs self oil changes.

On a other forum I'm on, a guy just got denied warranty coverage for a known engine issue because he was doing his own oil changes and didn't do much in terms of keeping records. My stepson has a Durango with one of those dealer lifetime warranties. It's largely BS, only covers components...
  15. Fatal hard drive error

Enjoy. You will be amazed at the performance boost provided by the SSD.