• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by John97

1. First look at a 2024 Ranger

My company couldn't get Transits or anything. We got a couple F-150s that were from someone else's fleet order that weren't needed. A couple guys got the crappy RAM minivan. Now we have an order pending with Chevy for 35+ vans with no clue when they'll actually show up. I like the looks of...
  2. F-150s in Australia

https://www.ford.com.au/showroom/trucks-and-vans/f-150/ I saw something pop up in a news feed and checked it out. You can play with the configurator if you enter a valid AU postal code (2009 works). It's bizarre, at least to me, seeing a RHD F-150.
  3. Battery Disposal?

The transfer station (county dump and recycling facility) in my area takes car batteries. I saw batteries that look like they exploded on top of the pile.
  4. Ford Announced The 2024 Ford Ranger Today (5/10/23)

The availability of a V6 in the Ranger again has me intrigued. After things die down and hopefully we see a return to normalcy, I might be a buyer. I won't pay $70K for a Ranger, which is honestly what I expect we will see the Raptor marked up to.
  5. Which side of the tire do you like?

I always put white-letter side out if tires are so equipped.
  6. Mid Grade gas makes noticeable difference on my Ranger

The Shell station I normally go to has 87, 89, and 93. The 89 octane is ethanol-free, and marked as "recreational" gas.
  7. Non-Ethanol

Here in FL, it's readily available. I buy it for my zero-turn and all of my two-stroke outdoor equipment. l will run a tank through my truck when I take the gas cans to get filled. I can usually stockpile enough Kroger fuel points to get $1/off per gallon. There's no limit, so I can put 20...
  8. 2022 F-150 XL 4x4 3.3 - new work truck

My wife's Honda Pilot and the Durango I bought for my stepson both have it. I had to replace the main battery in the Durango (under the front passenger seat which was a gigantic pain in the ass). The Durango has a second smaller battery that is supposedly for the start/stop. None of the parts...
  9. 2022 F-150 XL 4x4 3.3 - new work truck

Thanks. The seats are comfortable, not as comfortable as the zero-gravity sears in my Titan XD, but overall the truck feels like a Cadillac or a Lincoln compared to banging around in a cargo van for the last two decades. That makes sense, as It seems extremely popular with companies, fleets...
  10. 2022 F-150 XL 4x4 3.3 - new work truck

We didn't custom-order it, so I had no idea how it would be equipped. We got a couple of these as leftovers because another company had ordered them through but didn't take delivery. I was just hoping for an Ecoboost or a 5.0. But, the 3.3 is not anemic like I expected, and has no trouble...
  11. 2022 F-150 XL 4x4 3.3 - new work truck

I'm back behind the wheel of a Ford for the first time in some years. When I found out the company was getting me of a van and into an F150, I was pretty stoked. When I later discovered it had the meager 3.3 V6 under the hood, I became less than enthused. But, it's not terrible. Even...
  12. Car/truck insurance?

GEICO gave me great rates for years and then hit me with a big increase. I called them and they couldn't give me any reasons or even want to discuss it. Once I called to cancel, then they suddenly said they could help me out. Nope, too late. Go screw. Now, they keep reaching out trying to...
  13. Ranger in Spring Hill florida

What color? I'll keep an eye out for it.
  14. Nissan Frontier Pro-4X

The Frontiers are solid. Until the current refresh, it didn't change seemingly forever. Every damn auto parts store near me uses them for part delivery vehicles. I really like what they did with the new one. I test-drove one at the dealer when I was getting my truck serviced. If the...
  15. Car/truck insurance?

I am in FL which has insane insurance prices. Travellers gave me the best rate. I've had Progressive, Safeco (Liberty Mutual), 21st Century, Farmers, and Geico over the last few decades. USAA quotes me absolutely insane rates, double everyone else's rates and they can't tell me why.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad