• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by John Smith

1. About fresh air induction

In my quest for mileage For daily use I have decided to re-install the factory air cleaner arrangement with the flapper doors for induction. It's the one thing I have thought about but have left out of the conversation over tuning and "durasparking". I know the "wide-open" look of the chrome...
  2. Now it's all about the tuning...

It's been a while since i had updated some progress on my new/old carb/duraspark situation.. After getting it running satisfactorily i got busy rebuilding the "CV"drive-line, the total brake system, and adding a complete new exhaust and since it's been kind brisk outside..I took a little time...
  3. Bugging Out / Survival

about canned goods... if space is an issue...you might try 3" pvc with end caps with one end not glued on ...(also 4" for the bigger cans)
  4. I had to have it towed..

Well it's pretty embarrasing..I'm "supposed 2 know" how to keep one of these running..but as it happenned my 2.9L was "kinda hickup'ing once in a while..kinda jerking under power..not much..just once in a while) and i passed it off as one of the those things I better look at some time ..kind...
  5. Bugging Out / Survival

the title of the thread is....bugging out / survival.. a quick thought..assuming one were able to "bug-out"..early and successful in reaching some other location..perhaps his or her "survival" may not have anything to do with any further use of a vehicle?...under martial law, which we should...
  6. Bugging Out / Survival

I get what you are saying about constant use but.. I thought what we were talking about were useful survival items and in that context I would include some starting fluid for general use myself. I have some now and i have actually used it in sub-zero temps to un-thaw a frozen "landing gear" on...
  7. Bugging Out / Survival

whether gas or diesel...don't 4get... to keep some "ether" (starting fluid)....it makes everything start well in all temps...from a gas generator to an 18 wheeler in below zero temps.."starting fluid".... a must have
  8. Bugging Out / Survival

I used to own and "operate" some diesels that would run w/o any electrics involved...but if ur gonna go that route better be prepared to operate w/o modern computerized diesel technology...it's do-able but would take planning...choose your engines well and do your research about how they run...
  9. Bugging Out / Survival

gasoline, flex, alcohol... definately...and of course the necessary 12V/electric/manual barrell pump would also be on the basic needs list even for friendly use for your own personal above/below ground tanks when no power is available
  10. Bugging Out / Survival

Point well taken... I was actually trying to balance the potential of tradegy a little bit...but now that i think about it..maybe some type of Zodiac/sevylor product..could be useful to navigate across a pond or lake or high water if taken with you on a bugout... inflatable tahiti's/2-6 person...
  11. It Alive..A successfull "Duraspark conversion"

It's Alive..A successfull "Duraspark conversion" I know many have done this but since i have posted some about this new-2 me 84" B2 I thought i would give an update even a visual one that maybe a new user could benefit from as well. I decide to put the "module" on the passenger side, and retain...
  12. Bugging Out / Survival

A few practical food tips.. Learn how to "sprout" most seeds...(beans, lintels, mung, alphalfa, peas, etc) It will grow indoors out of site, forever fresh... also learn what =grows naturally locally wherever u are..good source http://www.youtube.com/user/EatTheWeeds also get a Berkey water...
  13. Bugging Out / Survival

Interesting thread...thanks for bringring it Jim Like many of you I've enjoyed all the conversation about the vehicles we have chosen to drive..One of the reasons i have chosen the B2 platform is that it is a "4wd" that is very very maneuverable and can be operated via "duraspark" if you have...
  14. "duraspark" dist for a 2.9L

A fellow b2 fan ad I were discussing the possibiity of making a usable 'duraspark diz 2day. W/O going into the reasons for "why"....since personal choice is generally very subjective and "non-argueable"..I though to ask for any to come forward with any first hand experiences in machining what...
  15. About economy

I found a post today that discusses jet sizes for older carbed 2100 ultra small early v8's...and found a source for even smaller jets than 46's....evidentley some engines at altitude actually used 38's-44's....it seems that very early carbs prior to 63 used similar jets threads to Holly so if ur...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad