• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jodygoodwin704

1. Need some help....

Thanks to all for the helpful advice. Will be doing something about it on my next day off.
  2. Need some help....

I have a 90 ranger with a 2.3 liter with a 5 speed. All of a sudden my truck won't start. I turn the key and it makes a buzzing sound. Could this be the starter relay instead of the solenoid on the starter?
  3. 90 ranger has idle issues.

Thank you for the information. I will change both parts and see if there is an improvement.
  4. 90 ranger has idle issues.

That's right, there is two temp sensors. Well, thank you for confirming the iac. But what I don't get is it has run just fine since then. Even at idle. Just rpms are at 1000 at idle. It is a 32 year old truck after all. Lol.
  5. 90 ranger has idle issues.

I have a 90 ranger 2.3 liter that runs okay until recently. On my way to work the truck quit on me twice. I think it's an idle issue. Rpms are at 1000 at idle. What could be the issue? Iac valve? Temp sending unit is not the correct one either. Could that be causing idle problems?
  6. How much should I sell my 90 ranger for?

I got a young man I work with who is interested in my 90 2.3 ranger. 5 speed, only things that don't work on it is the a/c and oil pressure gauge. This truck has seen better days, no rust, but could use a paint job and a deep cleaning of the interior. Only smokes a little on start up...
  7. 90 ranger 2.3 fan clutch issue.

Okay. Thank you. This truck has been pieced together I am almost certain.
  8. 90 ranger 2.3 fan clutch issue.

I know it's not a great question. But I wasn't sure as to how it all actually went back together. If I wanted a smart remark about it I would ask my wife! Lol.
  9. 90 ranger 2.3 fan clutch issue.

Thanks to all for the information. I am not new to turning wrenches but I am new to working on ford rangers.
  10. 90 ranger 2.3 fan clutch issue.

From what I have seen, this should be the way the clutch assembly goes on . The clutch should be exposed to the radiator for the liquids inside to be exposed to the heat to operate properly and the blades should be turning the right way. I have had issues with cooling. I have flushed the system...
  11. 90 ranger 2.3 fan clutch issue.

I just want to make sure I put the clutch on the correct way. There are 4 bolts that hold the fan on to the water pump. Does the clutch go on the fan as I have it in the photos or does the clutch fit to the outside of the fan as I see it in youtube videos?
  12. 90 ranger 2.3 fan clutch issue.

I was reassembling a fan clutch to the fan and was wondering which way the clutch goes on the fan? I have a couple photos so i get it right the first time. This truck has been pieced together from a bone yard. So I'm not sure how the fan is supposed to go. Any info is greatly appreciated...
  13. 90 ranger spark plug thread problems.

I own a 90 ranger 2.3 liter. Never have I had such a difficult time with a spark plug. Changed the plugs about 2 months ago. The one plug on the driver's side in the back keeps blowing the plug. Put in a heli coil and it did it again! Other than this issue the truck runs like a top. I am at a...
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) Water pump problems

Thanks for the input. I am aware of bad parts. I worked at autozone for a while. Lol. I was just wondering if there was a bigger issue. But I guarantee I won't be doing this more than once more. I will find a water pump that lasts more than 6 months. Lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad