Recent content by Joatmon

1. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

Ok, the ranger cam sychronizer appears to work but now that it seems the explorer engine had issues before I swapped it. Changed the plugs & the old ones were all oil fouled on the drivers side & one was crusted over. New plugs on drivers side all blackened with only minutes of run time...
  2. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

Ok, finally got the blasted thing together enough to try starting it. Pretty much everything that could make working on a rig take longer has happened. Seriously it's been an example of all the anti-ford hype I've ever heard, figures I'd have that experience with my first ford... Anyway got it...
  3. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

Yeah they are, blown engine was from a 99 ranger, "new" motor is from a 98 explorer. Both 4.0, auto & 4wd. Thus far the only differences I've found are the wiring harness, synchro & oil pressure sender. With the synchros being different I was worried the timing would be different as well. The...
  4. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

Thanks, I thought about doing that but wanted to make sure it would work before I dropped any more cash on this motor. I'll try it & see how it goes.
  5. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

No ideas? Still haven't gotten anywhere with the truck between this, other issues & the weather. The synchronizers between the two have identical part numbers but the top ends are different. I read somewhere that the explorers used a different camshaft than the Rangers, is this the case or...
  6. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

I'm swapping the 4.0 engine from a 98 explorer into a '00 b4000 that had a blown 4.0 but I'm stumped at the camshaft position sensor. The explorer one has a 3 prong plug, b4000 a 2 prong. Can I just swap the syncro/sensor over? Never had to mess with a cmp before so it's all new to me, any help...