• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Jm2576

1. Is there a troubleshooting 4WD guide?

Is there a guide to troubleshooting 4WD? I am not sure mine is working properly. I tried to shift into 4WD low and the light came on but not sure if I was actually in 4WD. Also when I tried to shift out of 4wd it was stuck and the light wouldnt go out. After driving a few miles down the road...
  2. Using a smoke machine to detect vacuum/intake leak?

I wanted to post an update to this in case anyone else is having this issue. I replaced all of the O2 sensors. I sprayed penetrating oil on them a few days before I replaced them. After a few days I crawled below to crack them loose. They came out pretty easy after several days of soaking...
  3. Using a smoke machine to detect vacuum/intake leak?

At 23 years old and 200,000 miles I am way past their life expectancy so I am definitely going to replace them. Do you have a part number or know of a good brand or link to a website to order them? Thanks.
  4. Using a smoke machine to detect vacuum/intake leak?

That is a very helpful photo. Thanks! Would a bad o2 sensor throw a different code other than a P0171/P0174? Also, is there a way to test them with a volt meter or something? My truck has over 200,000 miles so I'm sure they are way past due, but I don't want to replace them unless I need to...
  5. Using a smoke machine to detect vacuum/intake leak?

How many O2 sensors are there for a 2000 Mazda B4000? I tried looking them up but I'm getting mixed results.
  6. Using a smoke machine to detect vacuum/intake leak?

I have a p0171 and p0174 code and want to use a smoke machine to check for vacuum leaks. Where is the best hose to connect to for best results? I don't have a vacuum hose diagram handy. Can a smoke machine detect a leak on the intake manifold? I haven't used one before. Thanks. My truck is a...
  7. Replaced pinion seal and its leaking again.

Thanks for the replies. My pinion shaft has a small amount of scoring, but when I drag my fingernail across it it doesn't catch, so it seems to be in pretty good condition. I think I just got a cheap part, but it was the only one my auto parts store had at the time. I would like to get a...
  8. Replaced pinion seal and its leaking again.

I replaced my rear pinion seal a couple weeks ago and it's leaking again. I'm not sure what I did wrong. The pinion looked fine. The seal I bought looks slightly different. On my old seal the rubber stuck out a little bit, but the new one the rubber was flush with the edge. The part number...
  9. Cranks no start after checking fuel pressure.

When I turn on the key the pressure reads ~50 then slowly drops to 35, but holds there. When the engine is running the pressure is 65. Also I don't know if my gauge is working properly. I got it from Amazon and the o-ring is all chewed up on one of the connector fittings.
  10. What's the best way to identify strange hissing/chirping sound coming from engine?

Sorry...typo. The engine code is P0171: bank 1 system too lean (I corrected my original post). I'll see about picking up a stethoscope
  11. What's the best way to identify strange hissing/chirping sound coming from engine?

I have a strange sound coming from my engine that I cant identify I recently had a slight inconsistent idle so I cleaned the IAC valve. That helped with the idle, but a few miles down the road I got a P0171 code and at the same time I started hearing this strange noise. It sort of sounds like...
  12. Cranks no start after checking fuel pressure.

Thanks. Finally got it started. Had to cycle the key like 6 or 7 times. Usually it would only take a couple. I checked my fuel pressure and it starts out at around 55 but quickly drops. Now to track down that cause. It seems to run fine other than that. But I am getting a lean trouble code.
  13. Cranks no start after checking fuel pressure.

I checked my fuel pressure with a new gauge I just bought but after using it my truck won't start. It ran fine before so im wondering if I bumped something or if there is some sort of safety device that engaged preventing it from starting. When I turn the key I can hear the fuel pump engage...
  14. Fuel Filter and testing Fuel pump (P0171)

I am getting the P0171 code and I would like to check my fuel system. I haven't changed my fuel filter in a while so I am going to start with that. Should I get a stock one or are there better options like a clear filter that work better? Also since my fuel system will be de-pressurized I...
  15. OEM Spark Plugs for 2000 Mazda B4000?

What's the difference between the platinum and double platinum plugs? I'm surprised how difficult it is to find the spark plug info. Its not listed in the manual, or a Haynes/Chilton manual. I did look up the engine info from the sticker under the hood (4.0L-YFMXE0105BBE) but all the websites...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad