• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jkw

1. Neighbor hates my project. Photoshop it fugly

Like the title says. My neighbor called code enforcement on me for a ranger rolling chassis sitting beside my house. So to comply with the code enforcement inspector I moved it out of sight from the road which is conveniently about 20 feet from his back porch. Now since this was just gonna be a...
  2. Front crossmember problem help?

Hey guys I've got a coil sprung 99 2wd Mazda b3000 roller that I bought on an impulse as a side project while I work on my 97 SAS n v8 toy. The problem is the last guy pulled the motor and there's no holes in the front crossmember for the motor mounts. I looked at a frame in the junkyard and it...
  3. measuring for new coil placement

alright guys I got my frame stripped down and painted for my full width 44 swap from a 78 bronco. I have coil buckets from a 77 f100 to space the coils out to the full width. my problem is I marked center on the factory buckets and it looks like the 2wd coil buckets are offset 3/4"(i.e. the...
  4. Rear axle vss help

We swapped a 7.5 rear from my 97 ranger to my friends 99 ranger Because mine had a posi. Now his tranny won't shift and no speedo. Mine has the same appearing sensor on the top of the axle housing as his(2 pin). Can his sensor off his 99 axle be swapped for the sensor in my axle and if so what's...
  5. pic request- winch bumpers on body lifted trucks

i've been fighting with cardboard templates all morning, trying to make something look good on my 97 ranger. unfortunately they all come out looking big and awkward, like a snow plow on the front of my truck:annoyed:. anyone seen a clean looking winch bumper on a 2" body lifted truck? thank...
  6. critique needed on my coil buckets

please excuse the booger flux core tacks and camera phone pics. coil buckets are a couple inches wider for a 78 full width 44 going into a 97 2wd ranger. made from 3/16"x6" flat bar. i want to mount using 4 grade 8 bolts from the side, and 2 from the bottom. possible add another piece of plate...
  7. Explorer 5.0 with on board air AND factory ac?

Now that I got all of your hopes up :thefinger: Has anyone pulled off an explorer v8 swap and fit an oba compressor while also retaining ac? My truck is going to be primarily an off-road truck but having ac in Florida sure can be nice at times
  8. Project Instigator. 97 2wd to 5.0 and SAS

I decided I needed a bigger truck after the boat nearly drug my 95 wrangler Sahara down the ramp. Having had 2 rangers before I knew 93-97 was the easiest generation to swap in a v8 and SAS. I didn't want to buy a whole truck to tear apart so I started hunting. I picked up the hp44 from a 78...
  9. 78 bronco hp 44 swap in 97 ranger

Ok guys I've been trying to search as much as possible but I sti have a couple questions. 1.) if I reuse the stock arm mounts(for now) I have seen people use the lower trans x member hole to position the axle. This puts it in the normal wheelbase position? Would I see much advantage to...
  10. need help deciding what trans/tcase combo for v8 swap

i just got a 97 ranger cheap that is a 2wd rolling shell with v8 mounts and a crappy looking c4 crossmesmber. I'm currently cleaning up a 78 eb dana 44 and radius arms to go under it as well. i want to throw another 302 in, and I don't know whether i will go c4 or aod. probably depends on what...
  11. new trans jumping outta first gear

Hi everyone, I have a 2000 ranger 4x4 with a 3.0 and manual transmission. The old transmission needed a rebuild or swap so i swapped in a junkyard one. It shifts fine, and the clutch, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, and clutch master cylinder are only a month old from my old trans. The new one...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad