• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JimRummy

1. JimRummy

Tick/click/rattle after new header, plugs and wires installed

Took it to a new mechanic (one that was open Saturday) and they were no help. They asked about my last tire rotation.. Does this noise (video a few posts back) sounds like something that could be wheel related? I’m so lost it’s ridiculous.
  2. JimRummy

So far I’ve: Removed speedo gear. It’s not the speedometer cable Swapped plugs, wires and coil pack. It’s not that. Changed MAF & PCV, nothing. Torqued all bolts down on exhaust Check for anything loose including heat shields and everything around it. Not that. Checked for any clipping, there...
  3. JimRummy

I agree, and I’ve thought that the whole time, but I’ve given it a through look over a few times now. Obviously need to do it again. I can’t get it to do it except a few random quick times on a drive, never idling in the driveway or at any point if the RPM Erving while in P.
  4. JimRummy

No, I gave everything a good inspection up on the ramps last weekend.
  5. JimRummy

Definitely going to check that out, I appreciate it.
  6. JimRummy

It’s 2WD. I’ll check that out. What I meant by PITA was the exhaust from the Y-pipe back had to be rotated a little and pushed to the side. I took it in a week later to have it rehung without the twist.
  7. JimRummy

So here is a video so you can hear one of the 2 noises it’s making: Weird noise The other noise usually follows that which is a lot of a rattling sound. Goes away when I let off the gas, and usually doesn’t come back. It’s kind of hard to hear in the clip, it almost kind of sounds like the body...
  8. JimRummy

No, it only does it while driving. Today it did it around 5am, and again at lunch, then nothing during the drive home. Let it idle for 30-45 minutes when it was first done last week to let the paint burn off, and then again a few times over the weekend. Even with some strong revs it doesn’t do...
  9. JimRummy

No, and it sounds like it’s coming from driver side almost right inside the engine bay. It doesn’t do it when in Park/neutral so I can’t recreate it unless I’m driving it.
  10. JimRummy

So just to preface this; 93 4.0 AT 138k. These noises were non existent before this “new stuff”. Hedman headers were installed last Thursday. Mechanic had to move the cats and exhaust a few inches to make the headers fit ( Y pipe was a huge pita). Along with the headers I replaced the plugs and...
  11. JimRummy

Odd oil leak under extreme load... only..

Good advice. Never had a problem so it was never on my mind. It's on my radar now, among the other routine maintenance parts I've been slacking on. The lubing of the suspension & joints is the only thing (aside from the pcv) I haven't be as on top of as I should be.
  12. JimRummy

You're right, I would never argue against preventive maintenance. It's the reason the truck is still on the road. I just checked and the maintenance schedule says every 60k, so this should be at least the second replacement, if not third or fourth. There's definitely some things that get...
  13. JimRummy

Yeah after discussing it with a few people I've heard of many that change it yearly. What can I say, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Never had a problem before, and getting 18/20 mpg I had no reason to go searching for problems that didn't exist.
  14. JimRummy

I'll do that. I've never replaced the pcv, and at 27 years old I'm sure it could use it either way. Thanks for the quick reply.
  15. JimRummy

Good evening friends. So over this last week I went camping at Lake Cachuma in central/southern CA with my Girlfriend, Daughter and buddy. If you're not familiar with the area, it is right past Santa Barbara, about 30 miles up east into the mountains, and it was 104 degrees the entire way. From...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad